Black People : Is It Worth It Ladies?????

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Tantrum, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12
    “The View” co-host Star Jones cheated death last weekend after losing half her blood in a botched breast lift on the Left Coast, the National Enquirer reported yesterday.
    Jones, 44, thought she was flying under the radar by jetting to La-La to have her mammary makeover while on hiatus from the ABC talk show. But her secret was revealed when the surgery went awry and she ended up fighting for her life!
    “An ambulance was called and Star was rushed to St. John’s ER where she began blood transfusions to save her life,” recounted one spywitness. “She lost close to half of her own blood and was in serious danger of going into cardiac arrest.”
    Poor Star had to struggle to recover without the support of her spouse, Al Reynolds, who, in a bizarre twist of fate, had been hospitalized the very same day. He fell at his gym in Manhattan and had a severe gash on his head.
    When Jones was no longer in critical condition, the former 300-pound TV gabber was moved to the exclusive Serenity, a chi-chi after-care facility for cosmetic surgery patients.
    Star’s spokesman would only tell the Enquirer: “She had an elective breast lift procedure. Star is recovering wonderfully.”
    As for Reynolds, the rep added that he received stitches for two cuts to his head.
    “The doctors kept Mr. Reynolds overnight for observation,” he said. “He is recovering and in good spirits.”

Is it worth your life to look a certain way???

2. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    The short answer is no, it's not worth it. We need to love self :blowkiss:

3. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    If I were a person who's job depended on me looking a certain way, yes I would consider plastic surgery. It's just a part of life for people on TV, movies, and some other public type jobs.

Since my job doesn't depend on my appearance, I wouldn't do it and if my partner tried to get me to do a lift, nip,or tuck, he and I would probably part company.

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    What doctor would let a patient lose that much blood? Is it normal to lose blood that quick? I'm sure she was under the care of a reputable surgeon! I would never alter my natural body, that's one thing I pride myself in. That's odd how the couple's health both failed. I smell a rat! All those losers hating on their union, I wouldn't be surprised of by some tabloid conspiracy. I'm glad to hear she and her s/o are steadily recovering. :)

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

So, you would do it for your job but not your mate? Wow.

Anyways, I think that women should just be happy with who they are. The media doesn't tell you all the horror stories of botched surgeries and things like that. Stop looking at magazine pages and judging yourself depending what you see. Those women aren't real. Because when they aren't covered in make-up, airbrushed and starving...they are just like you and me.

6. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I agree that women should be happy with themselves as they are. Definitely.

Hopefully, my mate loves me for ME, not breast-size, thigh-size, butt or any of those things. See, my body has not changed much since I was 16. So,if he married me with me looking like this, I wouldn't expect him to want me to get bigger or smaller boobs, butt, or anything. Why should he?

But, looking like I do, if I got a contract for millions a year to be a TV personality or if I was a popular actress or performer, I would have the surgery because other than that, my popularity would decrease and my paycheck would shrink. Remember, this is a very appearance-driven society.

If I were going to retire from public life, I wouldn't have the surgery. I would just strive to be healthy.

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

Money makes you think you can do a lot of stupid stuff

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    If I knew ahead of time the surgery was going to cost me my life, then of course it's not worth it. But nobody goes under the knife expecting risks... that's for any surgery.

With that being said, there are certain situations even with plastic surgery where it's necessary to take that 'slight' risk. I'm not talking necessarily about appearance, but for a better quality of life in general. For example, women with big breasts sometimes need to get that done because they have back pain. Really obese people have to get surgical intervention to jumpstart their weight loss... some might die if they don't get it because they can't diet it off.

So for me, I weigh the benefits with the risk. If it's just looks, most likely I wouldn't do it unless I got disfigured or something. But if it's something that would imrpove my quality of life, I would consider it.

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

Having money validates a lot of stupidity sometimes

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    How unfortunate

I try to be careful of judging someone's choices based on a news report. Things aren't always as they are reported in the news. Black people oughta know that very well. Do they know how she feels or what led her to choose this type of surgery? I won't assume it was for vane reasons alone. But even if it was, if that's what makes her feel "beautiful", why shouldn't she have the right to choose? I can't JUDGE her.

I can't sit here and say that I would never opt to undergo cosmetic surgery even though I know there will be risks. I think everyone has a little vanity in them to one degree or another. If I became disfigured as a result of some type of accident or other type of surgery, i.e., mastectomy, I might choose breast replacement as an option.

Sometimes you never know until you're faced with the decision.

Queenie :spinstar: