Black Relationships : Is it true?

Sodwn2earth said:
Please forgive me for asking a seemingly ignorant question, but I have to get the opinion of the majority. Is it true black men, get jobs, and buy nice cars, and such things for attention and acceptance from woman??? If that is really the case, then I need to change my perspective on things a little bit. And if this is truly the case, I can understand why black men sometimes point the finger at woman for being in an undesirable position in the community. Please give a young sista some enlightenment!

From observation it is true to an extent. No different than a BW who gets her hair fixed, applies make-up, and goes the extra mile to buy designer clothes. If I were a single woman, of course I'd look at a mans clothing (neatness&cleanliness) to determine if he is worthy. IMO, most men stay in their ways, and I don't see myself persuading a grown man to "clean up". I'd rather not bother.

I'm not a man but I think wanting nice things is a human desire. Why do I say this? There are married men not interested in finding mates that are interested in buying nice cars and big houses. Part of this could be trying to impress... part of it could be they themselves want to feel accomplished.

Anyway... the problem is being a slave to 'things,' not wanting them.

YES!!!!!!

Sodwn2earth said:
Please forgive me for asking a seemingly ignorant question, but I have to get the opinion of the majority. Is it true black men, get jobs, and buy nice cars, and such things for attention and acceptance from woman??? If that is really the case, then I need to change my perspective on things a little bit. And if this is truly the case, I can understand why black men sometimes point the finger at woman for being in an undesirable position in the community. Please give a young sista some enlightenment!

Men have always and always will, dress, buy things like cars, and do all sorts of things, to impress females. Just like sisters dress in low cut and short with 4 inch heels. Sisters will lie and say they are wearing this scant clothing because it's comfortable. The brothers that have come in here are lying as well, when they say they dont do things to impress. Now the older one gets, hopefully we get out of that ( or do it less lol ) But yes sister, you need to realize the power you have. Man defied GOD and gave up paradise, over his woman. Wars have been started and countries laid waste to, over women.

Now you can believe the BS if you want. If sisters banded together and said, any male that even listens to mysoginistic hip hop, wont even get a sniff, watch how quickly Snoop starts wearing a Brookes Bothers suit and wing tips. Watch how quiclky ebonics disappears. You have always had this power. Most of you however, dont know what to do with it

LMAO

soulsearcher said:
I'm not a man but I think wanting nice things is a human desire. Why do I say this? There are married men not interested in finding mates that are interested in buying nice cars and big houses. Part of this could be trying to impress... part of it could be they themselves want to feel accomplished.

Oh, you dont think married men do things to impress their wives? If he wants a warm bed at night, you better believe he does

Yep...

soulsearcher said:

I totally agree with..... that it's okay to have "things" but not let things have you!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back