Black Relationships : Is it true?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Sodwn2earth, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Please forgive me for asking a seemingly ignorant question, but I have to get the opinion of the majority. Is it true black men, get jobs, and buy nice cars, and such things for attention and acceptance from woman??? If that is really the case, then I need to change my perspective on things a little bit. And if this is truly the case, I can understand why black men sometimes point the finger at woman for being in an undesirable position in the community. Please give a young sista some enlightenment!

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have never got anything to please a woman, she got to take me as is.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    some men "dress to impress". "Flossing" is part of this process. How many women do you know that the first thing they do when they meet a brother scan him from head to toe...then judge him by hit footsize or whether they think he wears cheap shoes?

how many Black men are able to attract and keep a decent woman if he is not gainfully employed?

how many Black women judge a brotha based on what model SUV they drive?

just think...what are the things that attract Black women to Black men who are not physically attractive?

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sister Sodwn2earth:

I've said on numerous occasions that men behave in ways that are necessary to attract women, to behave differently would be against their nature. Women are often either directly or indirectly the motivation behind everything men do. Although there are some exceptions (brother Manasiac just presented himself as one), I believe this is the case for most men...unless they are homosexual of course!:oops:

5. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    SoDown

Didn't believe me huh??

Wanted to get a few second and third opinions..lol.

I told you most of what men do is either directly or indirectly for women.

To impress them, attract them, keep them, protect them.

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    From observation it is true to an extent. No different than a BW who gets her hair fixed, applies make-up, and goes the extra mile to buy designer clothes. If I were a single woman, of course I'd look at a mans clothing (neatness&cleanliness) to determine if he is worthy. IMO, most men stay in their ways, and I don't see myself persuading a grown man to "clean up". I'd rather not bother.

7. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not a man but I think wanting nice things is a human desire. Why do I say this? There are married men not interested in finding mates that are interested in buying nice cars and big houses. Part of this could be trying to impress... part of it could be they themselves want to feel accomplished.

Anyway... the problem is being a slave to 'things,' not wanting them.

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    YES!!!!!!

Men have always and always will, dress, buy things like cars, and do all sorts of things, to impress females. Just like sisters dress in low cut and short with 4 inch heels. Sisters will lie and say they are wearing this scant clothing because it's comfortable. The brothers that have come in here are lying as well, when they say they dont do things to impress. Now the older one gets, hopefully we get out of that ( or do it less lol ) But yes sister, you need to realize the power you have. Man defied GOD and gave up paradise, over his woman. Wars have been started and countries laid waste to, over women.

Now you can believe the BS if you want. If sisters banded together and said, any male that even listens to mysoginistic hip hop, wont even get a sniff, watch how quickly Snoop starts wearing a Brookes Bothers suit and wing tips. Watch how quiclky ebonics disappears. You have always had this power. Most of you however, dont know what to do with it

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    LMAO

Oh, you dont think married men do things to impress their wives? If he wants a warm bed at night, you better believe he does

10. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Yep...

I totally agree with..... that it's okay to have "things" but not let things have you!