Black Spirituality Religion : Is it true or not?

What does john 3:16 say again:?:

M.E
:hearts2:

John 3:
[15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

See one thing I recall....when I DID accept the teachings put forth in the bible and I DID form that relationship seeking freedom and power..in the blood of the lamb and I was WILLING able and ready to learn what god said about life etc...I was deemed "saved".

I was transformed, free and empowered to THINK for self...pastor would ALWAYS say..
."read it for yourself, don't take my word"....

THEN..when I began to ask questions..the message kinda changed!

So that's what I'm wondering now....IF it's "true" that once saved always saved...THEN...i ought be able to continue to ask questions and be accepted as a "christian" cause according to the doctrine and indoctrination ...I'm STILL a "christian"

that's what I'm trying to Overstand....

M.E.

The operative word in those verses is "BELIEVE."

Yet, you speak of your "BELIEF" in the PAST TENSE.

The operative word in those verses is "BELIEVE."

Yet, you speak of your "BELIEF" in the PAST TENSE.

so...my pastor said once you saved...you ALWAYS saved....

past tense or not!

what about that:?:

has the rules changed in that regard:?:

M.E.

Hey Sister...it's a good question to ask. Let me share this with you...I don't believe everything in any religion including Christianity is wrong. Everything definitely ain't right either. There is missing and altered information in most religions and systems that are designed to throw us off, so you have to determine whether or not salvation is even a legitimate doctrine under REAL, universal (i.e. Creator-made) law. It's why I cannot emphasize enough, for myself (also on the path to healing and re-empowerment) and others, that the proof of the legitimacy of a claim is in the pudding. We are HERE for a reason. Everything cannot be about what happens once we die; this claim is a slick way to keep people under close control by virtually imprisoning them with the idea that you can't benefit from "goodness" until you die---by the time you find out the truth, you've been cheated out of a life. I do believe that Metasaience once claimed that lies about religion are how demons are made. I, like you and many other Black people around the globe, were raised up with the same notion; yet, we've remained under the enemy's foot with largely no intent to break and sever that foot permanently. That failure can be partly attributed to incomplete and outright false information about how true universal law (where it conflicts with established religious doctrine) really works. I say all that to say that in order to really answer your question correctly, we have to understand if the concept is real or completely manmade. That's why it is crucial to go back...back, back, back...to understand not only THE LAW but how we became initially vulnerable to oppressor attack, because in my mind these ideas are interlinked.

Greetings Blaklinoness and Thanks for Sharing!

See one thing I recall....when I DID accept the teachings put forth in the bible and I DID form that relationship seeking freedom and power..in the blood of the lamb and I was WILLING able and ready to learn what god said about life etc...I was deemed "saved".

I was transformed, free and empowered to THINK for self...pastor would ALWAYS say..."read it for yourself, don't take my word"....

THEN..when I began to ask questions..the message kinda changed!

So that's what I'm wondering now....IF it's "true" that once saved always saved...THEN...i ought be able to continue to ask questions and be accepted as a "christian" cause according to the doctrine and indoctrination ...I'm STILL a "christian"

that's what I'm trying to Overstand....

M.E.

Hey Sister...it's a good question to ask. Let me share this with you...I don't believe everything in any religion including Christianity is wrong. Everything definitely ain't right either. There is missing and altered information in most religions and systems that are designed to throw us off, so you have to determine whether or not salvation is even a legitimate doctrine under REAL, universal (i.e. Creator-made) law. It's why I cannot emphasize enough, for myself (also on the path to healing and re-empowerment) and others, that the proof of the legitimacy of a claim is in the pudding. We are HERE for a reason. Everything cannot be about what happens once we die; this claim is a slick way to keep people under close control by virtually imprisoning them with the idea that you can't benefit from "goodness" until you die---by the time you find out the truth, you've been cheated out of a life. I do believe that Metasaience once claimed that lies about religion are how demons are made. I, like you and many other Black people around the globe, were raised up with the same notion; yet, we've remained under the enemy's foot with largely no intent to break and sever that foot permanently. That failure can be partly attributed to incomplete and outright false information about how true universal law (where it conflicts with established religious doctrine) really works. I say all that to say that in order to really answer your question correctly, we have to understand if the concept is real or completely manmade. That's why it is crucial to go back...back, back, back...to understand not only THE LAW but how we became initially vulnerable to oppressor attack, because in my mind these ideas are interlinked.

Thanks so much for Sharing!

I thought of a Tanya Stephens tune called "Way Back".
I went and searched for it on youtube and...it is there...however..the imagery is a straight turn off!

In the tune she (Tanya) encourages us to go Way Back..and to "give us room to exercise our minds"

That is one thing that turned me away from the christian faith....NO room to exercise my mind...and grow!
Yet...if I hold to the literate translations and believe standing in faith of what the bible says (but to many contradictions) and what my pastor taught..then...I guess I'm still really covered by the blood.

either way I'm covered when I die...yet..

I think along the same lines as you! Is NOT all about what happens when I die.....cause for me..that simply represents a "Divine Transformation"....

"incomplete and outright FALSE information" :bingo:
that is to be upheld regards of new information or information to the contrary!
while that foot remains firmly in place on our necks, back, and behinds!
waiting for the great "till DEATH do us part"!

M.E.

so...my pastor said once you saved...you ALWAYS saved....

past tense or not!

what about that:?:

has the rules changed in that regard:?:

M.E.

You asked what John 3:16 said, and I provided before and after scripture for you.

You also said that your pastor SAID to "read it for yourself."

Then, you come back and tell me what your pastor SAID. :10500:

So, at this juncture, perhaps you should call up your former PASTOR and ask him if you are "STILL SAVED."

Please ask that pastor if you are STILL SAVED, even though you NO LONGER BELIEVE that your "SALVATION" comes from GOD'S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

John 3:
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back