Black Spirituality Religion : Is it time today's church give the pastor and/or priest a break?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by dustyelbow, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    1 Corithians Chapter 12 28: And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Over and over here and all around I hear those outside the church say that church would be okay (inviting) only if their pastor was up to their own approval. Even inside the church this message resonate from a vocal few in secret.

There is people inside and outside the church who say pastors are crooks and hypocrits.

They site examples of black clergyman such as Creflo Dollar, Eddie Bishop Long, TD Jakes who are giants to their members but due to their "activities" outside their church they have become targets of criticism.

Well, this verse above is said by Paul the Apostle and use it to ask if your church has these.

This is for those "in" and "out" the church.

Who are your apostles? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who are your prophets? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who are your teachers? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who are your miracle makers? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who have the gift of healing? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who are your helps? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who are your governments? Why don't you and your church have any?

Who possesses diversities of tongues? Why don't you and your church have any?

If your church has all the following, please give your church name and address whereever in the world and I will make a personal visit.

Otherwise,

Maybe before we criticize the pastor(s) maybe the church needs to lay out who is what and work towards it. Remember Paul said God set forth, that means the members of the church should be at least one of each of the questions above thus not burdening the "pastor" with all the problems with the church.

If you study the life of slavery in the New World, the church as Paul said it in the verse above, you can 'see' how this all came together for the enslaved African. He/she was able to point out who had each of these gifts in their church. They 'knew' amoung themselves who were miracle makers, who were helps, who had gifts of healing, etc all without that "college degree." Today it is lost, I wonder why?

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You are more than welcome to visit my church anytime you would like:

http://kimberlydaniels.com/

CD

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Okay... I'm not a Christian, but one thing that I find is true for every belief system is that the leaders are still human. They make mistakes like everyone else, so it is unrealistic to expect them to be beacons of perfection. If someone appears to be exploiting the religion, however, they should be booted out.

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325

Sorry, my church is my home address. Wouldn't be smart to put it up on a public forum. :lol:

Anyways, all members of the church should be doing something, having some sort of gift to contribute, as we are members of the body, and I know no member of my own body that doesn't add something that I need to comfortably get by through the day; from the hairs of my head, to the tips of my toes. :D

If they have truly have faith in the One who died for our sins, and was resurrected the 3rd day, then there are just things that will be present in all, even if it's never experienced by some, such as being able to take up a venomous serpent and not be affected by its bite. Some are feigning belief, so long as they don't actually have to prove themselves before the Most High, but He knows who's truly believing within His Church, who actually trust in all things which have been given to the faithful for salvation.

There are just so many wolves, and people who know a different savior other than the Son that now call themselves faithful, so it can be difficult to tell who's actually living by the Faith, and who's just living conveniently by the Scriptures when it suits them.

5. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Church should be like the Human Body and Christ should be the head of that Church.

6. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    I think this clear requirement of the true church with the authority from God presiding in it, is described for you to go in effort to find, as the True church will have it all from times of Old, New, and last days Testament. Here is the clue: One faith, one Lord, one baptism of water. What does that mean?