Black People : Is It the System or White People?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I have heard much talk about how we have to change the system and of how it is the system that is responsible for the oppression of our people around the world...a system known as Global White Supremacy. I sometimes find that to be funny. That to me is like saying that "it's not the spider, it's the spider web". So in order for the fly to be free the web must be destroyed...while we somehow forget that it was indeed the spider that built the web in the first place. The web is maintained and supported, not by the spider but by the various strands that the spider used to build the web.

In our case the web is the economics and banking institutions, the educational system, the medical system, the religious systems and the investment institutions of Yale, Harvard, Princeton and the University of Virginia who were all wealthy slave owners. Factor in the other strands of the web such as Aetna, New York life, AIG, JP Morgan Chase Manhatten Bank, Fleetboston Financial Group, R.J. Reynolds, U.S.A. Today, The Sun and the Baltimore Sun Newspapers and one can begin to see the many strands of the web that were created by the spider that we know as White people.

With the time, energy, money and people support that would be needed over a long stretch of time in order to tear such a system down, my great great grandchildren would most likely be just reaching the earth. Is this what we are striving for or would our time and effort be best used to construct our own system away from these clear people...because it is for sure that our people will not be building anything here in this country for our benefit. I think Oprah knew this also, which may account for her South Afrakan move with what she built there.

In light of understanding this, assuming that it is understood...what do we think the plan should be?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    to me the system is white you can't beat one without the other because they one and the same....

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    stop looking outside of One's Self for "salvation" and find the "Power Within" .. and don't scoff when somebody dares to dare your scoffing enough to seek to remind you of the Power that IS YOU;

dig deep and remember the Morals and Values that were at the Hearth of your early home training ... if you were lucky enough to have been born long enough ago that such were still taught. (started slipping real bad for the "under40 set". pretty much gone now ...);

don't get all lost in "debate" when there is work to be done: our homeless children need for us to do more toward supporting them at the same time as we, as a community (eh? where's that??!), need to do more toward supporting all of our community that has been ground under by this life destroying "capitalism/corporatism" crap. remember: cash ruins everything around me. (no; that is the delusion of the supremelunacy.);

accept that the "our people" that is being spoken of are those people with nappy hair and stop talking about gadhafi(sp?) being "an African king" (true it wasn't literal, but it was spoken of here) what with his straight hair. i.e.; "step back from black, myAfricans";

stop responding to every effort for us to do something for us with the triteness "they ain't gonna let us" or suggesting that "they gonna get in the way";

recognize that implementing this "supremelunacy" "for our benefit" is just as stupid and destructive as the atrocity that they are perping against everything;

stop capitalizing that stupid label ... for that matter, stop putting those two words together - it's lunacy, not supremacy[/quote]

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I find that we in general too often put the cart before the horse.

Everyone should be able to say which organization for liberation they belong to. But most of our people can't. That's the big problem right there.

All the disorganized want to talk on liberation but none want to walk for it.

5. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I don't know about a system but I do know the so called white people are currently ruling the earth. You can't change anything unless you remove them from power, and that won't happen with marches and civil protests.

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I agree...I thought they were always one in the same (and they are)....folks tend to treat white supremacy like it's some abstract ideology that is separated from white people...I have never understood why (I mean I do, but...).......Kambon (during his post-Katrina speech) actually said something that got overshadowed by his controversial comments....he stated that the system of white supremacy allows every white person to be a system themselves (or something to that effect).......even some of our greatest thinkers like to come up with ways to solve the problem without addressing the problem itself......

7. Keino

Keino Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +107
    You are totally right in this respect. For true change to happen, people need to die. It sounds harsh but if you look at any revolution which was successful, lives were lost. Once a people are not afraid to die, they gain respect and in turn power. We have been playing his game too long which is why i feel we have become complacent and are willing to tolerate the system.

8. Louis

Louis Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Whatever the plan may be, it must reflect a shared vision. This requirement would demand that we once-and-for-all, find a way to merge or synthesize our disparate spiritual, political, and cultural beliefs into a common belief system, a unified belief system, a common unity, a community.

The point is: if belief influences behavior, and behavior influences outcomes, then the surest way to increase our odds for success is to begin with a set of beliefs that naturally lead to the kinds of behaviors that generate successful outcomes. Because the belief system given to us by the Europeans is influencing our present-day behaviors and their subsequent outcomes, we can never improve our outcomes by simply addressing behavior alone. Improving our outcomes requires that we address the seed, the belief.

For one to construct their own system will require land. A hundred years ago 80% of African Americans lived rural areas, while 20% lived in urban areas. Today, the numbers are almost exactly the opposite. A resurrection of our agricultural heritage is a necessity. Civilization itself is a direct result of man evolving from a hunter-gatherer society to an agrarian society. When a people can feed themselves they are free to contemplate and pursue higher ideas and objectives.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This thread is going to remain up at the top for a minute, why?....because this isn't a scholarly question. This is a question that affects every Black person that comes to this site. This is a question that every single black person had to have thought about at one time or another and as such, there should be 30 or 40 different answers to this question from our people no matter what they believe or the level that they should be on economically or educationally. The collective answers will no doubt reflect where we are in terms of this subject and with it, the answers as well.

There's a difference in a man/woman wanting and needing help...a man/woman knowing that they need help....a man/woman not knowing that they need help...a man/woman not wanting, needing or knowing that they need help.

There is a dilemma here that will be addressed later on as we wait for the answers to continue to come in from this initial post.

I would prefer more answers from women than men because men are not the ones raising babies.

Asante Sana!!

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Destroy the system of Capitalism and all else falls. But I know some Negroes ain't about destroying capitalism so you focus on something else more abstract because of your own petit bourgeois aspirations. Don't like this point. I don't give a f...