IS IT THAT SERIOUS

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by EbonyQueen06, Aug 31, 2004.

1. EbonyQueen06

EbonyQueen06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I see alot of peoples in a serious relationship in a high school, I was wondering should you date around or stay serious

2. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    Wel i would say ......Why Not ....

and why not dating...

I have a little cousin and he met his girfriend in highschool...and they still together ,they both go out and stuff....but they are hooked on eachother.
    his parents were concerned to ......but in tha other way they think what if they are blessed to find real love in that young state ......well why not lucky them..

but i must say that they are both verry open and honest and they let eachother free..

At the other hand ..

i heard of some people because they have not dated much in their early ages that they dit not knew what they were looking for in a relationship...

than i have another little niece .....and she has her boyfriend to.....age 12 and now she is 16 and they still verry much in love...

but i have also little nieces and nephews who are just dating...

and they ok but i have to play big shoulder for them a lot of times...

and sumthimes it gets heavy

Lovelibertylady:heart:

3. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Date Around

For me, I decided to date around. I mean you can't get too serious

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I think it depends on how the relationship goes. If it looks like it's going in a serious direction, make it serious. If not, don't worry about it.

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Now the teacher comes in.

Liberty Lady, I love you like a sistah, but let me say this.

DATING is one of the many resons why our kids are not progressing in school. At 12 years-old, DATING should be the LAST thing on their minds. Now suppose they hurt each other, then what? Being hurt by dating and falling in love at such a young age is the WRONG time to be hurt. Don't you know aqbout school? Our younger kids are failing state tests, and with the state of the economy, it does not look like things will get any better. Dating must be LAST priority AT LEAST until you start college. All of a sudden they know alot about dating and love but nothing about State tests and our fallen economy which will endagnger them?

PLEASE find something to do at such a young age rather than date.

CD

6. ValentineChic

ValentineChic New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    To each his own

I think that at 12 dating shouldn't really be on ones mind, but above 15 is ok and in high school well i think if u can concerate on skool and having a relationship then good for u. I am 17 and i havent been in a relationship before, simply cos i cant be bothered 2 get into one, but i dont think there is anything wrong if u can be bothered.

Love Valentine

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Aww

Just feel free and do what yoiur heart wants!Don't care about the others;you live YOU OWN life!No one will live it for you.So... :love:
    Peace sis

8. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I say go out with as many people as you can. That way, you will learn more about the opposite sex. You'll learn what you like and don't like in them. And, you will learn that they are not all the same but some of them have the same motives. You will be able to identify those who aren't about anything and those who are...that's only if you actually pay attention and don't make too many assumptions.:D Most importantly, you'll learn about yourself and you won't get stuck on one person when your attention is distributed between many.

Don't get me wrong. In no way am I saying that you should be a playa playa. I'm saying just enjoy yourself. When you focus all of your feelings and emotions on one person, you can get stuck like chuck without a puck to upchuck. :lol: Ok, I lost it for a second...but ya'll get my point. :D

9. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I say look where those serious relationships are at the end of senior year. or the end of that year to say the least.... 1-20 surive high school... i say dae around.. ( not sleep around) if you do.. and there is that spark between u and another.. ull have time to end back up withthat person at one point or another..

10. Prince Yakeem

Prince Yakeem Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I dated around when I was a pre-teen

by high school I was only looking for a serious relationships I say dont waste time with it.