Is it really in the material?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by SensualReality, Apr 22, 2004.

1. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello everyone this is a concern in my school.I am a highschool student and in our dress code they said that we must not wear white T-shirts because it's (underwear).That I believe is a lie because people have worn white Ts at my school for some time and they thought that it was gang related because a large amount of black students wore them.Now we have a lot of country hicks that attend my school and they make it pretty obvious that they do not like blacks because there's a fight almost every week.They walk around the school in redneck shirts that actually say it on their shirts...shirts with confederate flags and things like that on them.The teachers don't say a thing about it yet they want to write some one up for wearing a white shirt,that's not harming a soul......That's just something on my mind let me know what you think.

2. Eisha

Eisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +6
    I absoultly think that this is unacceptable. It is discriminitory. Instead of the adults steppin in to take care of the problems, they cause more trouble then necessary. They are the ones who enforce the rules on what children and teenagers should and shouldn't wear in school. The more sensitive way of dealing with this problem would be to ask the children and teenagers first; get a hands-on opinion on this situation. It is just my opinion. The same situation is going on in my city.

3. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    i agree they are serious about it too and it makes me mad because they didnt really give details on y they did it they just went ahead and had everyone in the office on the phone