Black Spirituality Religion : Is it possible to breathe thru the mind??

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by info-moetry, Sep 8, 2005.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Many of us have given various personal accounts of what happens in a dream state or even the Astral Plane during Projection.

If the heart rates slows down too such a degree that you can project yourself, are you actually breathing (physically) when you make this transition??

Aside from "Astral Projection", thru a thorough study/quest for knowledge is it possible to develop ESP or BREATHE THRU YOUR MIND IN A RELAXED STATE??

I will go first:

As I was stating in chat last night, but could not properly explain due to not wanting to spook anyone out. I have been in this state several times, where I find myself so relaxed that I drift off (not asleep or Astral projecting mind you) & not realize how long but when I come back to my concious self the first thing I do is gasp for a big breathe of air...........& I can feel a rush (soothing feeling) in my mind as if I was on some type of high.

Is it possible to breathe with your mind??

IF knowledge can feed you, can it also fill your mind to the point that air is no longer neccessary if in fact we have ever inhaled air at all (as brother Sek said last night).

from the movie the Matrix

"Is that Air your breathing"??

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I can not verify this 100%, but I have done astral projection 3 times in my life on purpose. Well not really...the first was accidental and scared the hell out of me. The second was on purpose and scared the hell out of me too, cause I was worried about not making it back to my body. The third was more controlled and fear free. I have even moved forward into the future, for time is a continueous stream where all things actually already exist...we simply move through them...I will say this in regard to your original question; at no point was I ever conscious of breathing while this was taking place.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    What is breathing, what does it mean to breathe. For the human body it means inhaling and exhaling. Breathing is form of feeding the body oxygen.

So we accept the idea that breathing is a form of feeding or digestion , then what other forms of feeding can we apply to the human experience?

For one we can apply it to the mind, if the mind can project it can also reflect. Would this not be a means of inspiration and respiration? (breathing) albeit not in the physical sense of the word.

4. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds spooky

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I would say no because breathing is a purely physical thing. Perhaps in miraculous situations where people's bodies heal after the most diastrous circumstances, maybe they have utilized the philosophy of mind over matter. But this would probably go for all of the body's physical functions, not just breathing.

During my astral projection experience, (or what I believe to be such anyway), I did not have any problems like this, though I did seem to not be as limited by my physical body. However, my experience was hellish along with being somewhat mysterious...other than saying I had a 'nervous breakdown' (a mental defect), I don't know why I entered into that state for such a long time. So I can't really understand what you are experiencing because I have not been able to astral project from a 'normal' state of consciousness.

6. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Alright......my understanding of breathing through your mind has just gone out the window. I have never experience "astral projection" and yes it does sound "spooky"

I do believe the spiritual realm is more real than the natural realm. As a matter of fact, I believe the natural realm was created out of the spiritual realm. I also believe that man is a sprit, he possesses a soul, and he lives in a body.

But moving back to "astral projection" or is it safe to say...out of body experience... I have never experience anything of this nature, and not sure if I want to experience it, as I am already scary enough as it stands.

Brother Info... what you've shared here brings me to more questions. This process seems like one is tapping into a completely different realm, what is the purpose for doing such? What are the benefits of doing so? I am aware that most don't even tap the surface of what we can do with our minds, but this subject has never entered my thought process, did this originate from the marshal arts? Or is this a religious practice?

7. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Brother Info...

Astral Projection = The process of separating the astral body from the physical one to accomplish travel in the astral plane.

8. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I do believe in astral projection and I too have had a few experiences. For me it was and still is the most uncomfortable and scariest thing I've experienced, but each time I have had some sort of message when I woke up. I believe the physical body is still breathing, but since we have projected out of our physical body then the the separate form (don't know what to call it) does not need the physical attribute of breathing. I myself don't know how to do it on purpose nor do I want to at this stage.

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace Karm,

I'd like to ask what did you feel if anything upon your return from the Astral plane. Such as did your feet shake, then feel a strange sensation coming up thru the rest of your body until you were "fully" concious. Or did you just wake up & realize later that something had happened to you??

My first experience was as Keita said, scary because I did not know what was going on.......But, after that it kept happening & I did not know why but I no longer feared it......To the point where I am today able to control it when I feel myself slipping away into this state. It always starts at my feet, as if my spirit is being summoned out of my body but I am concious of rather than sleep. This way I am able to summon enough mental power to overcome it & still I gasp for that big breathe of air. SO RELLY I am not 100% sure if I was "coming or going" & didn't realize I was gone..........

peace

- only those who have experienced would truly understand so I appreciate your honesty!

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace sonnee,

It could be connected to the martial arts, as the Arts are a very important factor in the development and control of one's mind........(we all should be studying the arts, especially our children)

It has nothing to do with Religion because I am not religious. THe first time it happened was about 7 yrs ago while I was laying in bed, needless to say I had a hard time sleeping for the next few days............with a thorough study of our ancestors/oursleves, some become vessels of communication between the 2.........which is know coincidence that when I got over my fear of the Astral plane, I all of a sudden started writing poetry that many call controversial & some call it a gift, but b4 this event I had never written 1 poem now i have ove 400 & I know they are not just from me ALONE, but inspired by connections on another level............

- see why I could not really go into it in chat the other night, maybe tonight in chat we can get furthur into it!!

peace Sonnee