Black Spirituality Religion : Is it possible for God to come in Human form?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by dattaswami1, Oct 5, 2005.

1. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    How can one argue that the Lord cannot come down in the human form? If He is incapable of doing so, He cannot be omnipotent. One need not argue that though the Lord is capable, there is no necessity of such human form. You may not have that necessity. Are you the only human being on this whole earth? Have you taken the opinion of all the human beings to say like this? There are several devotees who belong to Nivrutti and desire for the Lord in human form to see (Darsanam), to touch (Sparsanam), to hear the knowledge and clarify their doubts (Sambhashanam) and to live along with the Lord (Sahavasa) for achieving these three for a long time. The main purpose is preaching the divine knowledge and clarify the doubts.

The statues or photos or energetic forms or space cannot preach the knowledge and that is against the universal observation (perception). Preaching of the knowledge by the human forms of the Lord like Krishna, Jesus etc is observed universally and accepted perception. Such universal observation is according to the rules of the nature. When something is possible through a simple way by following the rules of the nature, is it not foolish to do the same simple thing in the complicated way violating the rules of the nature? When water is available in plenty from the tap, what is the necessity of producing water by forcing Hydrogen and Oxygen to react with the help of an electric arc? To show the production of the water by this reaction, this experiment can be performed once but not every time whenever water is required. To show the super power of the Lord a statue or a photo or the energetic form or even formless space may talk once.

But to preach the spiritual knowledge continuously, the Lord need not talk continuously through statues or photos or energetic forms or space. Some devotee might have experienced such super power in some place and in some time. Such experience is not supported by simultaneous universal observation. When you are seeing the moon in the sky, others are also observing the same moon simultaneously. This is required to authorise any experience. When this authorisation is absent, your experience may be true or might have been due to some psychological disorder. The existence of such psychic experience is also observed in this world. Therefore we cannot isolate the possibility of these two cases in your experience

Therefore there is a necessity for the human form of the Lord and since the Lord is omnipotent, He is coming down in the human form. There cannot be any further argument on this point. I know you are worried that the Lord is modified into the human body and thus the unchangeable Lord has to be changed. Do not worry about this point, because the Lord is never modified into the human body. He only entered into the human body. The word “Asritam” in the verse of Gita “Manushim tanumasritam” means the entry of the Lord into the human body and not the modification of the Lord as a human body. Lord Krishna in Gita clarified this in the verse “Avyaktam Vyaktimapannam”.

At the Lotus feet of Datta Swami

ANIL ANTONY
    antonyanil@**************************
    http://www.**************************
    Universal Spirituality for World Peace

2. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    If God could/did/will come in human form, then he is a god. Once again, If God could/did/will come in human form, then we are all Gods/gods.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Look at it this way... our creations as humans are technological things like robots or computers. While it is true we are the creator of these things, we cannot become them. They are a reflection of our intelligence and creativity.

God is the most vast and complex entity to exist. He/She is in everything... He/She cannot be limited to just one particular form. It's not a matter of omnipotence either.. it's a matter of Him/Her being too deep and powerful for that.

4. n2deepthings

n2deepthings Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4
    [FONT="Garamond"]In my opinion there is no "god" not in the form that Islam, Christian, and Judaism speak of, with human characteristics, such as male, female, angry, jealous, and so on. I do belief there is a single source of creative spiritual energy universe pure in essence from which the entire universe comes from. And that we humans are spirits in the material world, hence the word/spirit becomes flesh. As such we also are divine in nature, but not "pure" and “limitless” while we have creative potential, it is limited.

As the previous post said thus we are all gods and goddesses. I think modern religion has man on a search for the external when the real "God" is internal. This search for the external god figure has been the rock in which the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths have built their empire, conquered nations, and held the world in a state of spiritual hostage and abyss.

This is from my poem Somebody Explain this shyte to a brotha

"We need to put to rest our self-hatred
    And self-inflicted lynchings
    And recognize we are Black gods and black goddesses
    On a holy mission?
    Only by accepting our greatness
    Can we make a difference..."
    [/FONT]

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

PEACE & WELCOME TO DESTEE.COM,

N2deepthings06, that was very insightful...........

feel free to share your knowledge as there is also a host of knowledge here to be found......

peace

6. SUN OF RA

SUN OF RA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +6
    God and man are essentially the same being

In the Bantu philosophy of South Africa, the categorical name for God and man is 'muntu'. In the Christian bible (Psalm 82:6) it says that "ye are gods". Kamitic spirituality teaches that man is made in the likeness of god. The Yoruba and Akan spiritual systems teaches the exact same thing. This means that god and man is essentially the same being (muntu, god, ausar, obatala, etc.) with the same attributes, just different in magnitude.

There are two great realms of being: the subjective realm (where god dwells) and the objective realm (the physical or material world). God created the world in order to have experience. This means that God comes into the world as man in order to experience what it is like on "the other side"(the material world). This is proven in the 'Paut Neteru' or the Kamitic 'Tree of Life'.

Htp.u

7. Awotunde

Awotunde Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Greetings

Sun of Ra could you go into more detail as to how the "Yoruba" and "Akan" traditions teach the same thing? Also, was there a significance in mentioning Obatala in relation to this? Thanks in advance for your reply.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Peace GOD!
    :toast:

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Lord...

If you are omnipotent and full of love,then why such hatred,wars,hungers,hurricanes,poverty,crimes,prostitution and so on and so forth in our midst?Is that ur will?I wonder sometimes.
    I do love God,but...when i take time to UNDERSTAND who i'm praising and worshiping,why i'm keeping myself from so many pleasures i can easily have,all that questions come and there's no one to give an answer.

10. SUN OF RA

SUN OF RA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mikyia wo (Greetings) Awotunde

From what i've learned from research and interaction with a few Yoruba priests, Obatala is the faculty of one's spirit that 'unites', although dormant in most of us and in order to awaken it, one must live a life of righteousness. Obatala has the same function in creation, the same ritual colors, the same feminine consort/goddess, etc. as the Kamitic deity 'Ausar'. They both represent the manifestation of God in the world, or 'the divine spark within the soul', (the omnipresence).

In the Akan spiritual practice, this deity is known as 'Awusi/Awusir'. He is sometimes referred to as 'Akwesi'. Among the Igbo people, he is called 'Agwu-isi'. All of these deities have the same functions in nature and similiar (if not the same) ritual practices.

The significance of mentioning 'Obatala' and identifying him with 'Ausar' was to show the interrelationship of how all traditional African religions are essentially the same. I hope this answers your questions. If I am incorrect in my analysis, I humbly ask that you correct me and show me where I am in error.

Htp.u