Black People : Is it mass denial........

FaithSoulSistah said:
Yes, I heard that too and stopped listening. I will not allow that illogical mindset to take hold of me. That does not mean I discard all of his teaching though. But I think if I'm asking my enemy for help, truly I am not thinking straight.

Were you in that class Sister ??? ... i don't remember you being there!

OMG ... that was such a hard pill to swallow!

But i do want to keep my mind open, because i respect Mr. Fuller so much, in spite of everything in me saying that can't be the way to go!

:heart:

Destee

Edward Williams said:
Destee,

You should ask anyone for the things you need if they have it...not just white people. The process is;

(1) Ask for what is needed
(2) Accept what is granted
(3) Compensate for the difference

This is the same process people should use with their spouses, pastors, pharmacy, etc. Those non-white people on the rooves of those house in New Orleans after hurricane katrina came through didn't have any problems asking white people to get them off the tops of those houses.

Brother Edward Williams ... asking anyone for help, has been so hard for me to do. I was raised not to ask people for anything. Finding myself in a position of needing help, and asking the Family to help, was probably one of the hardest things i ever did. Even now, it's hard for me to do, but i know if it is to be, i've got to ask. But it tears me up inside. It takes all i have in me, to do this. And then, when i do it, and the person says no, or won't help me ... omg ... i'm devastated and traumatized. I think i need a therapist! :nuts:

But when it comes to white folk, we've asked them over and over and over again, to consider us properly, do us right, and there is no evidence they are willing to do this. Even if they give us some raggedy piece of help, it's never their intention to put us in a position where we never have to ask for help again. If they give us the job we're asking for, we can't go in all relaxed thinking we've got a friend that's going to make sure we get to keep that job for life. It's an ongoing, daily struggle to even keep the few crumbs they bestow upon us.

Using your Katrina analogy, as Sister FaithSoulSistah said, they gave the help all raggedy and stuff. Let lots of people die first, suffer, did us real bad. Simply compare it to the fires in California recently, the response and outcome was considerably different.

I think we must quit expecting them to help us. Quit looking to them for help.

We must learn to depend on ourselves and each other, for true liberation.

Destee

Edward Williams said:
I'm not sure why someone would think that. By tools, which tools are you referring to?

I'm referring to things which would be instrumental toward toppling their system of oppression.

Like proper education. Should we expect them to teach our children our history or do it ourselves while working to build enough afrocentric schools for a proper foundation for our children?

And money. Should we be asking for better job opportunities and reparations or should we be creating our own economic system so that we can employ our own people?

And what about racial pride, self and group respect? Should we be petitioning them to stop the degrading portrayals in the media, or rejecting their media propaganda and creating our own media. Do we need them to show us in a positive light before we can feel good about ourselves? Because it aint gonna happen.

My point being, do we actually expect these people to do things which will help to destroy their system? Because it seems like that comprises 99.9% of our efforts to change our conditions. The things we want them to change are integral parts of their system of racism/oppression. You know I think they have us right where they want us. As long as we are focused on getting them to change, we will not begin to think about changing ourselves.

Destee said:
Were you in that class Sister ??? ... i don't remember you being there!

OMG ... that was such a hard pill to swallow!

But i do want to keep my mind open, because i respect Mr. Fuller so much, in spite of everything in me saying that can't be the way to go!

Destee

No, I wasn't in class. Sister river posted the recording of the class and I listened in up til that point.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back