Black Relationships : Is it Love or Just plain ole Confusion?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by HoneyBrown05, Nov 7, 2005.

1. HoneyBrown05

HoneyBrown05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I have known my first love now for about three years ( we're not together now), and in the past we have had some differences but no matter how much we try to move on, we end up keeping in touch anyway. Speaking for myself, I always have him on my mind and have a deep desire to be with him again but I do not want to interfer with his life. Time and time again we have tried to discuss our feelings towards each other and get back together but something bad always happend! Recently he had told me that he thought I was the "one" and I had never knew that he honestly felt that way about me. He always had a hard time expressing his feelings but he expects me to know how he feels. And then again instead of telling me he'll just run away from the whole situation, and let it be and I don't know what to think. He is the only guy that even when I see him today, that makes me nervous like the first time we met. When I see him I just want to shower him with hugs and kisses. Also the times that I do call him it feels awkward because I get this feeling that I shouldn't be calling him unless I am his girl and I get that vibe from him. But he'll complain when I don't call and check up on him. I don't know what to think or if what I feel for him is true. What should I do?:insane:

2. LovNThySoul

LovNThySoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It does sound like you guys are confused. You guys are friends right? If so ...you two either need to be just friends or try to find out if there is more. So to me it seems like you have unfinished business. If it's done....let it be done and accept that.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    seem like lack of communication and closed doors of true feelings
    what you should do is find yourself and come forth with what you feel
    see how he deal with it , this will tell you where to turn
    you both have mix emotions to a point it's confusion and feelings

act on your feelings and what's in your heart , talk and get a feel for
    what he want and feel try to get him to open up , you two have something
    just confused on what and where y'all want to go with it .....Good luck

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I used to measure my lovometer like this: If I can't tell a good friend about my relationship without raising my eyebrow, or being ashamed to admit to things revolving our relationship, then there probably is some confusion there..It looks as if your feelings are a little stronger for him than vice versa. I'm collecting that your feelings for him are so intense, because you are anxious for him to open up, and don't know what to expect from him, or he's not too receptive of your advances, since he's so bottled up. There is no greater feeling than being in love, trust me. Perhaps you all can communicate via e-mail, or write it out. Some guys find it corny to spew all their feelings out in person, esp. if he's been hurt in the past. How old are you, and what went wrong when you two got together. If you're willing to wait for him, be patient, he may reciprocate. If not, then I suggest you open yourself up to other love interests. I hope you find the true love your heart so desires.:hearts2: toodles

5. HoneyBrown05

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you'all for your honesty. Your advice is helping me. Maybe I should just come out and tell him how I feel. He has told me that the with this person only because they have known each other since they were 10 yrs. old and she doesn't give him any problems. I'm just afraid that he'll reject me or if we do get back together our relationship wouldn't have changed for the better.

6. HoneyBrown05

Ratings:
    +3
    To reply to your question spicybrown, I am 18 and when we had first met we were younger (explains alot). During that time I was going through alot and I didn't know how to express myself and I held alot inside. The main reason we had broken up was because I had broken up with him. He was my outlet to all the confusion I was going thru in my life but I instead let other's influence the way I had viewed my relationship, mainly my parents. And I had broken up with him so that I could clear my head and figure out what I really wanted. Now that I look back on the whole situation I have come to realize were I went wrong and it is eating me up inside!