Black Parenting : IS IT BETTER TO TEACH BLACK YOUTH THAT THEY ARE “VICTIMS” OR THAT THEY CAN OVERCOME?

the reason we have a BLM movement is because white police killed black people with impunity.....

Yes, but we kill ourselves with even more impunity and call the consequences after the fact "catching a case". We have to recognize that our biggest problem is ourselves. If we never take the time for some self actualization and removal of the toxic elements from our communities, we will continue to wonder why we have such a hard time over coming the obstacles placed before us. While the police have killed 233 of our people in 2016, we have killed over 7,881 (we make up 13% of the population, but over 50% of the murder victims) of our own that same year. So while working on reducing the unnecessary killings of our people by police is important, we need to also accept responsibility for and work to reduce the killing of our own, by our own.

How about this, as long as we keep giving the White people power over us by not accepting any of our own responsibility in the problems we create, we will never get out of the quagmire we are in. Victim mentality never solves problems, all it does is serve to perpetuate itself. King and Malcolm understood this, so did the Black Panther party. They were all actively working to better the community.

You can continue to pursue your very Feminist like rebellion of only following prescribed narratives, and trying to silence opposition. Me, I prefer looking at all of the issues and seeing exactly what things we can change to make things better for us and what things we will have to fight others to stop them from doing to us. I've seen enough of what the generally accepted paradigm has done to our people in this country, and I think perhaps we need to find one that actually works. Perhaps, just perhaps, we need to work on our oppression of each other too while we fight the oppression of the white man. Perhaps we need to work against what the cops are doing to us and what the homicidal in our community are doing (mental health issues, gangs, drugs), because focusing on just one-side of this equation is not solving the problems.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back