Black Parenting : IS IT BETTER TO TEACH BLACK YOUTH THAT THEY ARE “VICTIMS” OR THAT THEY CAN OVERCOME?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
all black people are victims of the system of white supremacy.....

I refuse to label myself, or Black people in general, as victims.
The choice to be a forever victim is made by “the victim” alone.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I refuse to label myself, or Black people in general, as victims.
The choice to be a forever victim is made by “the victim” alone.
if you refuse to acknowledge the reality of a situation you stand little chance of doing anything about it.....

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
if you refuse to acknowledge the reality of a situation you stand little chance of doing anything about it.....
We live in a white supremacy, institutionalized Racist system in this USA.
We live within that system, not as its victims, unless you choose to be a victim, but as it’s adversaries in waiting.
Being a victim takes to much work everyday. Victimhood makes you weak, takes away your fight.
We are working within this institutional racist system to make more progress for Blacks.
We’re not done yet.

ALWAYS BE MOVING FORWARD

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: