Black People : Is it against SOME immigrants culture to say PLEASE or THANK YOU?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by WhatNeedsToBeDone, Dec 28, 2013.

1. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Ok, I am kinda angry right now but instead of bashing, i'm going to do something more conducive and productive. :D

OK, what I notice with MOST South Asian/Arab and East Asian gas station/beauty supply clerks is that they have ZERO courtesy skills.

I mean, if your not a people-person or lack social skills then that's TOTALLY fine, no shits given!!...BUT there are better career fields for somebody who lack social skills where your strengths can be utilized, even for an immigrant!!

I'm so tired of going into these people's stores and being treated w/disrespect or lack of courtesy. I mean, maybe in your 3rd world craphole that is acceptable but not in America. I wish black people (Americans in general) would start boycotting these places until they give better treatment.

What's even worse is that dealing with these people are your ONLY options. There are very few other alternatives. WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT?

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Some of these people act like they're hot shiite (especially towards black ppl) but most of their countries are just as bad off as Africa!! What you feelin stuck up and better than anybody about!?!!? For real though!!

Ok, done venting!

So PLEASE tell me your thoughts, comments and/or opinions? THANK YOU...now was that so hard?

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I can definitely feel where you're coming from when you speak about the way you are treated in these stores.
    But it's the "these people" phrase that you use that bothers me as well.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    He didn't say HE was treated that way. He said black people were treated that way. :news:

4. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    I've had a bit better luck Kadijah... These people in my hood are very pleasant. Hope I don't run into the other kind anytime soon. I would pobably
    let my feelings be known there and then.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    He was calling it from his perspective, NOT your black perspective. :)

6. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    "I'm so tired of going into these people's stores and being treated w/disrespect or lack of courtesy. I mean, maybe in your 3rd world craphole that is acceptable but not in America. I wish black people (Americans in general) would start boycotting these places until they give better treatment".

The above is what I was addressing.

7. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    Perhaps stop patronizing them.

But I can almost guarantee you will face the same issue elsewhere...
    So I think the problem is customer service skills, I haven't experienced this on a large enough scale for me to be upset about.

JUst a thought, but would you call to boycott a Black owned or an African store if they treated you the way that MOST South Asian/Arab and East Asians you have stated treated you?

8. WhatNeedsToBeDone

WhatNeedsToBeDone Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43

I have stopped patronizing the ones who were rude to me but the problem is when I go to a different gas station, chances are that the same things happens. Almost all of the gas stations near me are ran by that demographic.

I would stop going to any business that didn't treat me right, regardless of what walk of life the owner comes from. I've gone into my nearby city where there are somewhat more black owned businesses and I usually get treated right (unless it's a young female working there but that's a whole nother thread! lol)

There is one African American owned gas station near me and I do patronize them for certain things, but unfortunately this particular business has issues w/quality that really needs to be overcame. In the summer all of their gummy bears is all mushy and near-melted and the store is very cramped like.

9. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Why anyone is taking you seriously is beyond me. lol

Were these the same gummy bears you were attempting to buy on your way to a Brooklyn high school named public school something where students were learning how to shoot guns and snatch Iphones?

10. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    Maybe try voicing your concerns to the African American store owner about his products he sells and cramped store.
    Could be too that he lacks organization or
    not enough people support his business other than buying gas so
    he cannot turn a decent profit which could cause these items to sit losing quality.

You could always boycott him also.

Lord forbid someone gets an illness like food poisoning because of outdated food.

I have a store that I live by ( I call it an *** station ) that sells expired food.