Black Spirituality Religion : Is Ignorance about Reigion, the New religion or the Opitate fo the Masses

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ankhur, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Open for discussion

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Just wanted to post the whole quote (as lifted from Wikipedia) to show that it's more thoughtful than how it's getting abused these days:

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Interesting post and aprecciated , and all due respect if these are your views, it does espouse and present an ignorance of religion because all indegenous people, had religions in fact the majority of the relgions in the world are indegenous, long before any oooppppreeeessed creature, and long before any white man wore a shoe or lived in a house with a window

and as that white man, with his existentialist ideas, and Nietzchean, disdain for the unseen, went across the planet and called each and every indegenous group of people,

savages and pagans ,

when they observed these original people in North America, South America, Asia, the South Sea Islands, Australia, and of course the Motherland, practice their rituals in honor of their ancestors, in honor of the earth, and in honor of their concept of a benevolent creator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whether the Illuminati exist today or not there was a very real Adam Weishaupt and a very real Bavarian Illuminati, who desired a New world Order with the abolition of religions and national boundaries and sovereignity.

4. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I never take no personal offense on here. To be honest, I just don't care enough to about forums or take myself that seriously.

That being said, the religions of the world are far to numerous and vary entirely too much to make claims like "before they oppressed anyone". Does one really need to know the individual details of each and every single one of them to realize that they're founded in ignorance about how the world works, fear, and desperate attempts at understanding and events that people seemed to be at the mercy of?

I don't think we need to assert that all belief systems are equal in how harmful they can be by doctrine or practice. Today, would we find any reasonable or compassionate person asserting the merit of human sacrifice? This was something that was practiced long before colonialism, and I don't think they're the demands of a supposedly benevolent creator (which isn't a claim of all religions)? How many Christians would participate in a witch hunt today in the Western World?

Also how is opiate being used here? If ignorance of religion offers comfort, what is it comforting people who question it from?
    • The ultimate truth. If so, which one?
    • Punishment. If so, which one?
    I just find it hard to believe that the latest threads and appeals that have popped up on the forum would've happened if there was discussion about any other faith besides Christianity or Islam.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Sometimes hate becomes a kind of high for some people, and you have been her long enough to see how hate of religion has become a be all and end all for some.

I dont take it seriously either and that is why I had suggested a week of no name posts, but you do see the point made in response to the post made, just the points made

6. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Criticism and hate aren't the same thing to me. I have to admit though, I don't read all the threads about them because some of them are boring. I noticed we have a few ones that claim our ancestors were nearly scientifically advanced beings and all religions are Kemetic. I'm just completely uninterested in those, because I'm unconvinced all of Egypt was one race or that making these things African somehow improve the value of their assertions.Those threads i sometimes skim a few posts and click on.

I think the idea of no names would be interesting. It would be nice if we had a forum mode that removed all information to the left of a post and all signature information. It seems like some members fall into a routine whenever they interact.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    You are preaching to the choir!

A person ciritcizes something , due to facts they do see and have a problem with and find to be wrong, based on their principles, and then they usually move along to something else

, but hate is based on nothing but opinion, and emotion and drags on day in and day out like a reason for being.