or a parking space near Walmart?

Ok, well maybe he’s on extended leave,
gallivanting in another dimension
with Miss Universe?
He packed his bags, slipped down a ladder,
snuck out of heaven
through an old black hole that hadn’t been sealed
and the last thing anyone saw
was a huge Cheshire cat grin fading out...
Or he’s holed up at the donut shop
dunkin’ and forgot about time?

But just maybe, just maybe,
we really are doing it alone
but too afraid of the responsibility;
of the scary thought we’re in charge,
– no one else--
and we can really make this old world
a better place to live in;
a much happier place
without <snip!>
you know who.

You Walk Upon His Wind...Wind Walker

I enjoy reading poems that pose a question for thought. Your poem has a most interesting angle and really makes one think
before just throwing thoughts down in answering. This poem is well written and very thought provoking indeed. I enjoyed the read on it.
You came straight out with hard hitting verses like these here:

I got a question:
does God only 'grant' general stuff,
like faith, courage, serenity, peace
but can't or won't do specific stuff
like building me a home
where the Buffalo roam,
or putting a million dollars in my account,
or a parking space near Walmart?

Faith, courage, serenity and peace are not general things, else everyone would posses them, including the rich and the famous.
The lack of these things are why so many rich people (and poor), kill themselves.
However, these are the very tools that God gave for our use. They are at our disposal. For example, it takes faith and courage and the peace of God to build a home. Faith is the tool needed for using your (God-given) talent to earn a million dollars.
Serenity is a state of contentment. Whether the parking space is near the front door or far away, you can still content and thankful...it is an attitude that is at our disposal.

But just maybe, just maybe,
we really are doing it alone
but too afraid of the responsibility;
of the scary thought we’re in charge,
– no one else--
and we can really make this old world
a better place to live in;
a much happier place
without <snip!>
you know who.

It would be an amazing (look at the state it's in now...with us having access to Him) feat for the world to be a "happier place" without "you know who". To live without "you know who" means that we would have to try to live without His faith, His peace, His courage and above all, the gift of eternal life with Him when we die. In essence, the world has already gone that way (without God) and thus we are in the shape we are in as a nation. However, as an individual, we are responsible for the way we choose to live. Thankfully, we live in a country where we can choose to live without "you know who" and try to be content without Him. However, as some have found out...there's nothing better than living with and for God. It all starts with the right atittude and you know who's bible. From Genesis to Revelation...He is an awesome God. Who doesn't take vacations unless He goes with you on yours.

don't do bibles and churches

but God is not on vacation
don't let this crap get you down

God is spiritual
you will be alright

material is man's thing

just stay strong

get the faith

see i see god differently than most

because to me god is everything the Good and the Bad

meaning you can't have sun w/o rain,
or cold days w/o hot days, or short people w/o tall people, or love w/o hate, or pain w/o pleasure all these things come with the territory and remember i don't do bibles and churches but i do know you like to stay on the good side of these things as much as possible like 85% good to 15% bad, because i don't know who told or taught what but you can't have the good without the bad and it can't be all bad and it can't be all good either so keep the faith so positive so the when the bad hits you can't handle and return to the good wave

No God - The ALL is not on vacation

Peace to you

DSSNY

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back