Black People : Is Ferguson tipping point for black Americans?

tipping point?

of course not.

heard it all before.. seen it all before.. and it does not matter what the people that don't have the guns do..
and the people without the guns know that.. and as soon as they can find an escape activity.. they will take it.

enter.. The NFL season.

and that will be that..

#watch.

Maybe. But then, like I said before, blacks had seen it all before when Emmit Till was murdered in Money, MS. Then in comes Rosa Parks, daydreaming on the bus...

For those of us not in Ferguson, it's a wait and see.... if they call us for help. ;)

come on Kadijah... not you too..

you don't buy that.. we marched and overcame narrative.. do you?

the civil rights act of 1964 was a response to the activities of our people.. and it was not a reward. That bill economically gutted our communities in order to weaken us.. our leadership was completely dismantled.. murdered.. exiled.. locked-away.. defeated.. in order to weaken us.. for the sake of preventing any further organized disruption from black people. That Rosa Parks narrative that they taught us in school was bullsh.. then.. and it's bullsh.. now.. we never overcame.

come on Kadijah... not you too..

you don't buy that.. we marched and overcame narrative.. do you?

the civil rights act of 1964 was a response to the activities of our people.. and it was not a reward. That bill economically gutted our communities in order to weaken us.. our leadership was completely dismantled.. murdered.. exiled.. locked-away.. defeated.. in order to weaken us.. for the sake of preventing any further organized disruption from black people.

How you feel about the Civil Rights Movement is irrelevant. That it was a Movement of black people coming together to fight for a cause is what is relevant to THIS discussion.

That Rosa Parks narrative that they taught us in school was bullsh.. then.. and it's bullsh.. now.. we never overcame.

I'm not going by any "narrative" taught to me in school. My source is Rosa Parks, herself. Those are HER words, i.e., she was sitting on the bus thinking about Emmit Till's murder when she was told to get up and give a white man her seat.

If anything POSITIVE comes out of Ferguson, it will be this (petition from Change.Org):

This petition will be delivered to:
Secretary of Defense
Chuck Hagel
Georgia-04
Rep. Hank Johnson
Michigan
Sen. Carl Levin
Missouri
Sen. Claire McCaskill
Colorado
Sen. Mark Udall
New York
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Kentucky
Sen. Rand Paul
Suspend the Weapons Transfer Program that is Militarizing Police
    1. Petition by
      Michael McPhearson
      Saint Louis, MO
Multiply Your Impact
Turn your signature into dozens more by sharing this petition and recruiting people you know to sign.
YOU
YOUR
FRIENDS
avg.
THEIR
FRIENDS
approx.
share-pane-circles-fd2c53ce55185a5f638af940fcde5646.png

Our police officers are not our military. Yet military weapons meant for battlefields like the ones I served on as an Army Officer in the Gulf War are being transferred to local police departments around the country. Put simply, these weapons are not intended for local policing and often result in escalating - not solving - situations. We’re seeing this right now in Ferguson, Missouri.

Many of the weapons being sent to small police departments are coming directly from the Pentagon through the 1033 Weapons Transfer Program. Since its creation, at least $4 billion worth of equipment has been distributed to local police departments through this program.

Thankfully, the Senate Armed Services Committee is reviewing the Weapons Transfer Program to evaluate how these weapons are being used. However, there’s no reason to continue sending weapons through the program while it's under review. So I’m calling on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to temporarily suspend the 1033 Weapons Transfer Program - something he has the power to do.

When local police departments have access to armored personnel carriers, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles, M-4 rifles, camouflage uniforms and assault rifles - we’re clearly seeing the militarization of local law enforcement. But police officers are not at war with American citizens - they are here to serve and protect us. But it only makes sense that if we arm them like soldiers going into battle, they will act like soldiers.

As a veteran and executive director of Veterans For Peace, I don't want to see our police militarized here at home. And I know many other troops and veterans agree.
The program has been suspended before in 2012, when some states actually lost track of military equipment. You read that correctly, these battlefield weapons have actually gone missing before. Yet the program was quietly restarted in 2013. It’s clearly time for a moratorium on the 1033 program while it is under review.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back