Black People : Is Enslavement an adequate term to describe what we went through?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Radical Faith, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    In the english language term the powers that be have chosen to describe what they have done to us is enslavement. But is this an adequate term?
    I will share my thoughts later but first I let us share as a family what our thoughts are about this....

Peace..

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    No. Enlsavement is beyond an understatement. We suffered killings; rape; psychological torture; disrupted families. I'll flip through a thesaurus to find the definition...:rolleyes:

3. That Jones Boy

That Jones Boy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Nope holocaust or attempted genocide would be more fitting and yet still somehow lacking.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    If there was no "enslavement" how can there be talk of "reinslavement"?

And is "what they have done to us" defined by THEM or is it "US" who are constantly referriing to "OUR" experience as "slavery"??

Slavery, colonialism, murder, genocide, mentacide, all apply ot "OUR" experience and 'enslavement' only speaks to a small part of that experience in view of the total expanse of time.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i liken our situation to the term pow....

one love
    khasm

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    no,

Who said 'it' was over?

It being slavery,etc...

It has only changed its clothes and not its body,it is not over.If it was we would not be figuring ways to become organized and we would not be fighting the 'man' who is in charge...

Just like a revolution is a process and not a singular event the complex of subjugation/enslavement/mentacide/etc/ is not a singular event and it is a process...

That process is continuing today until the 'system' either self destructs or we destroy it......

It is not so much about focusing on the 'system' since we have it figured out (via history,ourstory,book,etc) as much as it is about us regaining ourselves in terms of self control(over ourselves and resources) and identity...

Since power deals with power,allow the current world system to destroy itself so that in time (ie centuries) we can re-gain ourselves

if you think you are truly free.....than break away from the rules/ideologies/news/concepts that are all foreign and keep you in bondage..

once you control the mind/spirit you do not have to worry about the bodys actions...

Are you warriors tired already?

It has only been a few hundred years?

We got to keep goin....

lets not be so flamboyant so that we do not become easy targets...:donttell:

it is only a matter of :time:

the fight continuess......