Is Eating Ice Safe ?

Yes Brother Back2Africa ... it does seem to be addictive, as i've only been doing it a few weeks, and absolutely love it, almost feeling like i can't be without my ice in this heat!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Is it safe.....NO not in a long run

Destee......
Eating ice does not cause anemia, it is a symptom of anemia. The condition is called pica. Pica is a disorder where a person craves thing of non-nutritional value. Some of the things that people who have pica crave are ice, flour and dirt. Pica often occurs in pregnant women who have anemia. However, the desire for eating these things can be lessened with the correct dosage of iron. You should ask your doctor about this disorder and the proper treatment. Taking iron supplements will reduce the desire for ice but it also can cause you to have severe constapation , the fearful part of eating ice is that it could slow down your digestive abilities to absorb iron and other vitanins the body needs.
Iron deficiency is the number one cause of eating ice, as seen by many pregnant women picking up the habit during the third trimester when their iron count is being depleted. this carries on long after as it becomes a habit but take iron supplements and/or daily multi-vitamins, enrich your diet with spinach and all other green, leafy vegetables, red meat, plenty of protein, and you should see a big difference not only in your ice-eating habit, but your overall energy level as well.

If you suck on the ice then chew, it will not harm the teeth , yes chewing ice can do harm to the teeth from all the crunching add a little water to help melt down the ice as you such it and it won't do as much damage ......But do check your iron level.
All ice eaters should check there iron and see if they are an anemic

From Nurse WHO...!

• Anemia is defined as a decrease in the number of red blood cells (RBC's) or the amount of hemoglobin resulting in a decrease in the oxygen- carrying capacity of the blood. A person who has anemia is called anemic. Anemia is a deficiency of red blood cells in the bloodstream that results in insufficient oxygen to tissues and organs it's found and known that ice can be harmful to the system where the freeze of ice can trap the flow of proper oxygen in the bloodstream.

Sista Destee I hate to bust your bubble cuz I know you were so happy to hear that ice is harmless. But accept for the part about eating red meat what brotha Rich posted is true. Ask yourself these questions:

If eating ice is harmless why do people get ice cream headaches?
How can anything addictive be harmless?
What else could I do with the money I would spend on false teeth?

If you ask enough people you are bound to run into some who will tell you "I been drinking coffee/smoking cigarettes/earing pokchops for years and it hasn't b-b-b-bothered me. Why I'm as healthy as a (cough) athlete."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back