Is Drinking Water Natural

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Keita Kenyatta, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Out of sheer curiosity and feedback, which I shall speak on later, how many people think, know or believe that drinking water is natural for humans? Please describe why and if possible, come up with some type of logic, science or plausible reason why you think drinking water is natural for humans.:thinking: :thinking:

2. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Most of our body is made up of water. Water is necessary for all life. Humans should drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to be healthy.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Actually, according to a Standard Deviance documentary I encountered (wish I knew the reference off-hand), we really need more water in Our bodies than we think. I would say 10 glasses in good, but I would also further go on to say that some of Our metabolic body compositions are made in such a way that we can not afford to miss a glass - i.e. (that is to say) 5-6 would to too little for some of us. (Perform Own Research to find out)

To answer the question, Naturally drinking water not only helps you physically; it also helps you mentally. Water does not make your stomach growl like crazy. Also, it does not consist of sugar, salt, sodium, protein, fat, making it even more beneficial to the body.

However, water does have some "red signs." For example, not all water is natural, and clean. Tap Water is dangerous, Partially Hydrogenated (susceptible to germs) bottled water is dangerous, whereas on the contrary, Polycarbonated (Hard Plastic) bottled water is good for drinking, I myself drink Purified, Spring Water is healthy, so long as it is not in Partially Hydrogentated plastic. I also heard that Distilled Water is also good for consumption, but it is also recommended that you not drink more than 1 Gallon of it a day.

Dr. Llaila Afrika, who I have quoted numerous times in this here forum, speaks on this, as well as Well water. I will conclude with an excerpt from his Book African Holistic Health.

You may visit his website here: http://www.drafrika.com/
    http://www.tehutionline.com/newpage24.htm - More Information on Dr. Afrika

There you have it - take it or leave it. (By the way, for further reading, I suggest that you invest in the Book. It can be found in almost any Black Bookstore, in addition to Amazon.com.)

Ase'

KD

4. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Actually I have his book....have had it for many years. My question was actually based upon several factors. Biology, diet and anatomy. For instance, man eats meat but our biology and teeth structure clearly reveals that man was never meant to be a meat eater. The very idea that we consume meat goes against science, anatomy and anthropology...as well as the writings of our people in ancient Kemet who considered a person impure even if they ate fish.

Now lets get to the water aspect. My question of sheer curiosity is; "When did humans begin to drink water?" Why is this a question? It's a question because we are not "anatomically built to drink water". In other words, if we look at the animal kingdom, like the deer, the dog, the horse, the goat and many many others, they have a facial or cranial structure whereby they can just go to the river or lake, bend their necks down and drink water. Do you catch my drift?

Humans are the only creatures that require the use of their hands or a cup of some sort to drink water. Now lets take a look at this and see if there is any reason to what I'm saying or am I bordering on insanity.:laugh:

The body is composed of 75% water, so obviously water as we know it is a neccesity. However, is it possible that we began drinking water when we left or migrated from a natural environment that neccesitated drinking water? In a natural environment we would have been fruitarians. Fruit like the human body is composed of 75% water. Not only that but fruit contains all the natural sugars and nutrients as a living food that the body would have required in a natural environment.

Have you ever seen anyone consuming water melon, cantalopes, honey dews, grapes, peaches, and many other fruits, grab a glass of water to drink after eating a bunch of those fruits? More than likely, no. What does this mean? Well for one thing, it means that if we were in a natural environment and were fruitarians, we would probably never drink water.

I conclude that as humans began the process of "degenerating from a fruitarian to a vegetarian on down to a meat eater", they somewhere along the way began to drink water because they were no longer getting it from a natural diet. As their diet changed, so also did their lifespan...with the lowest lifespan being that of the meateater.

Okay, this is my hypothesis on the water issue...any feedback on my thoughts?

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    "degenerating from a fruitarian to a vegetarian"? yo, what's wrong with veggies?

6. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Nothing is wrong with veggies. The only issue is when we over cook them...then we lose what ou bodies need. Actually heat kills all food. This is why a "living human body, composed of living cells, living DNA, living blood, tissues and organs" requires LIVING FOOD IN ORDER TO REGENERATE ITSELF. The law is simple; Everything reproduces after its own kind. Life reproduces life....death reproduces death. Want a good example? Have you ever had a craving for a hamburger or some other food? Why is that? Hamburger is dead food...and yet your body was calling for it ! Oh well, there's really more to this, but I grow weary at this time. Got to be up at 4:30 in the day.

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    My My My My My My MY!

I could not wait to get the opportunity to say what I am about say right now!

For starters, I read about 2-3 different articles on Health prior to reading Brotha Keita's Post #4. That post was :darts:! However, before I continue on, allow me to give my response to Brotha Elder's post.

As Brotha Keita mentioned, over-cooking the food destroys the enzymes in it. Cooked food is even more dangerous than we think. Example: Now understand that Our bodies contain tissue. That tissue is very lite, making it, in a way, susceptible to being easily torn away. Now imagine eating a hot plate of grits. (Take note that the grits are very hot of course, and the tissue is very soft.) Now what happens when you pour/dump Hot Grits onto soft tissue? Think about that. Again, it must be mentioned, Cooked food is harmful - not just because of the temperature of the food at consumption, but also because of the fact that the food is [half the time] overcooked, and thereby minus the healthy nutrients, or enzymes. That is one reason why Nut-eaters prefer RAW NUTS over normal commercialized nuts (Planters).

Now onto Brotha Keita.

I am glad you have that Book, because much of what he says is stuff that we do not even consider, but of vital importance, even to the point of saving our lives. For the sake of those who do not have it (I sure wish they invested in it, if possible), I will have to outline some key pointers that need to be known, notwithstanding how accessible the Book is to them.

Brotha Elder wanted to know about the Veggies? This next excerpt I pull out I believe will be of some sort of significance to veggies. Further, it will expound a little on the 'fruitarian' Brotha Keita spoke about.

Here it is:

Here is more information on the Breathtarian: http://www.breatharian.com/

As far as eating Watermelon, Peaches, etc., that is very true. However, it came to my attention from a combination of this post found in this forum and this post over at Sistah Shakur's forum(@ssata) that Grapes are not as safe as thought, neither are peaches. This is all the more reason for us as a People to start investing in planting Our own Gardens. As long as we rely on the consumer-driven commerce-show (commercial) markets, we will be so healthy.

Ase'

KD

8. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    excellant

Once information and facts are provided they are impossible to ignore. I learned some thing today excellant post and even better responses!! finally some constructive work begins.

9. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    hey brother keita how are you:smile:

yes...

if its healthy clean water yes....

yes because i believe our body excist out of a lot of water....

and we need it to fill it again..

last week o lost a lot of it when i had diaria .......

well i knew it than..

i knew i before tough lol....

Loveauroraflower:heart:

10. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    I now know why my stomach is growing.
    I drink so much water. I dont know the number of
    cups i drink in a day but am always thirsty.
    I get thirsty after taking in tea or cereals in the morning.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. breatharian kemet

2. breathtarian forum