Black Relationships : Is Domestic Violence More Linked to Occupation?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by KPITRL, Sep 18, 2014.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I don't like the way they keep flashing all these black NFL players faces across the screen for domestic violence lately. These guys don't represent the average black man out here in corporate America, or Black America. But it made me think that more of this could be linked to the nature of their occupations, especially when their occupations involve constant physical aggression or potential violence. I mean if you're married to a boxer, you may not want to charge him. Again this could apply to being married to anybody with an aggressive occupation, including certain football players. Although I don't condone what Ray Rice did, I think his wife sees this. I mean there's not all that much money in the world. She must feel a little responsible, and sees something most of the media and public don't see.

Since the topic of police brutality is also in the air, this can also apply to them too. If his wife attacks him, she could wound up arrested or shot. I'm not saying any of these things are likely to happen, but with the nature of his aggressive, and sometimes violent occupation, there's a better possibility of that happening, than from someone spending most of his job behind a computer and going to meetings. Actually I do think more cops beat their wives than you think, and if they complain, they have the power to wound up charging them with assault instead, just like they do to victims on the street. It's just that they can get a quiet divorce, and their dirty laundry don't get put on display like aggressive jobs mostly held by black men, professional athletes in particular.

This can apply to policewomen too. I hear quite a few men are lying in their graves now after being shot, stemming from a domestic dispute with a wife who was a police officer. The nature of their job seems to kick in just like the male policemen. I've heard of cats shacking up with policewomen, then getting flipped across the bed just for coming home drunk and refusing to leave. I also heard of policemen and policewomen who were married to one another, shooting one another over a domestic dispute.

The craziest story I heard was about this guy who was married to a kickboxer. He said she had never been off her feet. He said one night she coldcocked him and he was out. This brother was short, stocky, and built like my childhood idol Smoking Joe Frazier. He said when he came too, he coldcocked her. I guess this was how they said goodnight to one another every night before going to bed.

Anyway my point is, they need to stop flashing these images of black males across the screen when it comes to domestic violence. It's like they're trying to pick up from OJ, the first black male poster child for domestic violence. How we fell for this, I don't know.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Great Question!

Answer: Yes. It seems that the careers in heavy contact sports and law enforcement suffer the most from this social ill.

3. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    No. It's the person who happens to hold that occupation

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    ~40% of those in law enforcement are involve with domestic aduse