Black Sports : Is Darius Miles a bust?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Froggy1, May 18, 2005.

1. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    He seems like he's just lazy. He's been on bad teams and never really gotten a jumpshot man

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Yes, he is. He thinks he's a lot better as a ball player than he really is. He'll start to see that later....when his career is on the downslide. Just because you can run and jump high, doesn't mean you're a good player. A lot of players need watch some of these other players with no physical talent at all, who come to the NBA and make their mark by using hard work and team play.

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Its way too early to determine if Miles is a bust or not because he is still very young.

4. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    He may be young, but from his history of play and his attitude and comments toward Maurice Cheeks through the media, he's a bust. He's not worth the headache. If I was an NBA owner, GM or coach, I would not waste the time or money on this guy. His on court play leaves much to be desired and his attitude is disruptive. At least if he was a good player with a bad attitude, he helps the team on the court. He does neither. What does Darius Miles bring to a team besides a lot of hoping and praying that he will contribute something in exchange for his over-sized paycheck? Sounds like a bust to me.

5. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    A bust is someone who will never come close to fulfilling his potential.At the age of 23 it would be much to quick to say Miles will never be an allstar caliber player.

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Oh, ok. Well, let me rephrase that then. I would say that Darius Miles, from his track-record and current behavior, is not worth signing unless your team is desperate i.e. Portland Trailblazers. No good team would sign this guy to contract, unless it was one they could live with if he follows his track record of underachieving. Portland signed him and he's been a flop. I'd be surprised if they kept him around much longer. He doesn't really have a game besides trying to dunk on people. His mid-range game is weak. He can't shoot 3-pointers. He's not a play-maker. He has a bad attitude. If he doesn't get it together, he will be a bust. But as it stands now, I'm sure he's not on the top of the list as potential players to sign.

7. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I agree with you. I think that Miles might benefit from a team with a lot of older veterans who may be able to help steer him in the right direction,but he has a lot of time to develop into a very good player.

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, he would benefit from that. He's always been around you players. From the Clippers, to Cleveland to Portland, he's never had people to really guide him and make him see that there's more to the game besides flashy dunks and behind the back passes that fly out of bounds. He needs to go to Miami or Detroit, somewhere that has leadership and a desire to win.

9. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I just think he has potential left

10. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    As a basketball player one of the most important things you can do is improve aspects of your game yearly. Darius has not shown a consistant jump shot or the ability to effectively create his own offense. Im not going to mention that his defense is lacking as well. Those are things that a player making millions of dollars a year should be looking at.

I can go to any gym any were in the country and find players that can give you a good basketball show. I can run I can jump I have a good jumper, but does that mean I deserve millions or the respect of basketball fans nope sure doesnt. The fact remains that the brothers game needs work. Professional sports is a gift and every day it should be treated as such.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. darius miles bust