Black Spirituality Religion : Is Christianity Being Attacked In This Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family ... i'm so proud of us! :grouphug:

Thanks to those who have admitted to being a bit harsh toward Christians. Thank You.

We can't even begin to solve our problems, until we admit we have them. This is a great first step.

I'm not sure how exactly we're going to pull this off, creating a space where every Sister and Brother's opinion, life choice, hope, and dream, can be respected. It's taken some years to get here, years of mistreating Christians, where some in the Family have become quite accustomed to doing such here.

For those who say that Christianity has not been attacked in this community, well, maybe you haven't attacked Christianity or Christians, but the attacks have taken place.

If you are one that has never attacked, then you can carry on as you always have, for it's probably safe to say, you are not the problem.

If you have been warned, suspended, or banned, then you'll probably find the upcoming changes more difficult to bear.

We will be patient with you, as it's taken some time to get here, and we're not trying to send anyone into any kind of shock syndrome situation, placing overwhelming change on you, all at one time ... but change is required.

Our community has always welcomed challenges, and that has not changed. You're welcome to challenge, counter, debate, anything you'd like, so long as you do it respectfully. The key to this effort's success, is that we learn to recognize that there is a difference between respectful challenge, presentation of fact (as we know or believe it), and downright disrespect. There is a difference, and we have to learn that difference if we are to interact with each other in the best of manners.

We have to allow every grown man and woman, the same rights we want, to live and worship as they please. Some of us seem to have a problem with that, while at the same time, wanting to live how we want to live. It's krazee to me ... wanting to control your own life, and another's, but this very forum proves that it happens.

I have told the Moderating TEAM, that since I allowed this situation to exist all of these years, I will be responsible for righting the wrong. I will personally monitor the Spirituality / Religion Forums, to be sure that our discussions are held to the highest standards, insuring that everyone respects the other.

So ... don't be surprised if I come in and give you a gentle warning for what has never been warned about in the past. I feel I owe it to the Christians ... more importantly, to our reason for being ... to give them some extra protection at this point, since I've allowed them to be mistreated for so long. It's my thought that doing this will begin to right the wrong, bring balance back to this effort, making the playing field level for all life paths. It will also give everyone an opportunity to see what is acceptable, and what is not, if you do not already know. If ultimately, you cannot interact without disrespecting, without attacking ... based on my own opinion ... then you will be banned.

The bottomline Family, is that everyone is welcome here.

Everyone has the right to believe, live, and share that with us, as they please, without harassment.

While it may not be real easy to pull off, I'm confident, and grateful already, for the support of this Family.

Thank You All So Much.

:heart:

Destee

you apparently

Brother Offthetable ... nothing in this community deserves to be attacked.

All any of us are doing, as it relates to Spirituality / Religion, is sharing what someone else told us.

We each have the right to believe as we choose, and for those beliefs to be respected ... and they will be ... on destee.com.

:heart:

Destee

did not read my whole piece. pls try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back