Black People : Is Black Nationalism about rhetoric or Action????

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Open for discussion

2. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    i would say both....to be honest most of us are just trying to get by from day to day. The act of even "thinking" like a nation is something that doesn't cross our minds collectively and to a degree that is understandable. For this simple fact I guess we can say it is rhetoric nowadays, but with that being said I have a hard time totally giving up on the idea of thinking like a nation........

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Therefore what actions are needed to get the rhetoric to an understandable level to those of us, in our community who still do not have the knowledge of self,
    and to move them and inspire them to action in regards to Doing For Self?

4. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

I would say by being an example. For instance I am a college student. Now I am apart of a Pan African studies program, but in actuality someone could look at me and claim that my participation in an educational institution is really not working towards the idea of nation hood on the most basic level. I believe John Henrik Clark made a comment on those of us who receive higher education, but still don't know how to do anything for self. Often times I look at my father and am somewhat jealous at some of the things that he is able to do for himself. His childhood circumstances are the reason he is able to do some of the most basic things for himself....like growing his own food. Does the modern society we grow up in even gear us towards thinking about such basic things? I would say no. With that being said there are pushes being made by urban planners to support such things as urban agriculture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_farming

Recently there were some kids from California that were able to fund their education, because of the money they made from the food they produced

http://www.collagefoundation.org/archive/archive-peoplesgrocery.html

just something as simple as this has changed: these individuals mind state from being proactive instead of reactive, their diets, their economic vision .....these are "real" things that are happening, but we rarely hear about them or see them and therefore are concentrated in achieving individual achievement in this rat race.....acts like this are what I call "real" power and supporting the idea of "real" nation hood.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    That realy did not answer the question because those who need to see you taking those courses and studying are not on campus but in the hood surviving the best or worse way they know how.
    Life itself is a University and you were born from a professor, I would suggest to spend some more timw with him, and asking questions like what had promoted his self sufficency, and green thumb, and spirtualy and as a spiritual exercise, get into he soil and those seeds and seedlings as the mother erth becomes your second teacher, aNand with an open heart and mind you will be filled with a spirit of a true alchemy.
    George Washington Carver's discoveries were based on this were he actualy stated that he could commune with the inner spirit and life force of plants to gain an inner wisdom regading their use.

The question I posed is not an easy one, but look at your community, where you live, look at those who will not make it when the economy crashes, and from your Pan African heart, your intuition will guide you to an answer, and I pose it cause I realy don't have all the answers myself, yet i know methods that have worked and methods that have failed but as brother Chuck mentioned, we need fresh ideas, and creativity from a new generation.
    Not to put a heavy burden on you but the Black Power movement was realy started in the universities, after the death of Malcolm and those inspired by him,
    by H Rap Brown, Kwame Toure, Angela Davis, Huey P Newton, and Bobby Seale

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    You see that is where the mind control makes itself evident.

Getting by day to day has become more difficult , costly and expensive, and cruel, since 9/11,

therefore it would behoove us if we thought out of the matrix, to work on a collective solution for economic progress if not for us but at least for our children.

Other ethnic groups think like that automaticaly,

because they have not been paed of their cultural heritage and that is WHY the second thing they took from us after our freedom was our culture because they knew the POWER of it, makeing sure their chidren get cultural enrichment while denying it to us.

And to this day they still fight against the concept of Afrocentricity in any form, with the knowledge of the power of culture and how it promotes individuals to think uniedly and purposefully

7. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    yeah I know they can't see me that is why I pointed out that there is a need for it to extend outside the classroom.....so people "can" see it...this is why I'm always thinking about how what I'm doing now can directly impact my community......but yeah the universities played a big role in the Black Power and Black Studies movements.......some might say that militancy is missing in a lot of programs today...or for some, was never there to begin with.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Don't kill yourself, it takes time, just buy your queen something nice, to reward yourself be being on the right path and taking your first steps out of the Matrix and into a larger world.

There is no Secret in the "Secret" the world we percieve is like the flat slice of an apple,
    but the world of opportunity, is the entire red apple not just the flat white part we cognize

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Do read RACISM AND THE CLASS STRUGGLE...

Do more than make my generations mistakes all over again...

And do find out why black nationalism as a credible concept got exposed to be unworkable here in the first place...

But any minority group already does know the answer to that question!

:fyi:

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I don't know wether or not you have a healthy love life or sex life, and it realy is not my business what your, uhm situation is, but your posts have been rather hostile if not confusing lately, so do you have any solutions or are you the new version of Roy Innis?