Black People : Is Black Nationalism a Dead Issue?

It's a possibility but some people just don't want it. They're content with how they live. I think more communities need to try #3 on your list. Some black youths feel that a gang is the only place they feel they "belong" and that's not true.

Peace fam.

You are right about #3, but truth is it is hard.

I am in one such organization, and I can tell you that getting young Afrikan males into an organization to talk about solutions and not just complain: no joke. We have a board consisting of 8 youths, one is male (not me, I am daily manager so not part of the board).

Joining an organization which is serious about liberation, Afrikan history, anti- or counter-racism is HARD in a society where most of our people emulate the racist ways of the whites, and even view themselves thru the eyes of people that hate us.

Being pro-black or Afrikan centred simply is not cool, swagg or what-have-you.

I'd love to hear somebody tell me about how to suceed in that respect, because I live and breathe #3 - that's on MY LIFE. I killed myself over this youth organization, put my own money out, postponed studies - all of it. But I am not making way, progress etc. Youths have been pacified, and they don't wanna speak out or even stand out as more black than they have to be (see: assimilition/'integration').

But this list is on point.

One,

- Ikoro

if it ain't dead it's on life support somewhere..........
Therfore is the interest or focus there enough to resucitate it?

Becuase if these principles are ever needed by the Black community iit is right now!!!
Why sit and wiat until the cuts come and the new fascist regime comes into power in 2012????

Like ingredient for a cake, you have the elements needed for a sustainable black nationalist movement, but like the cake you need to combine the elements, the put the elements under heat and pressure to form. A lot of us here in the states are pacified with relative success and don't feel the urgency to push a black nationalist movement ... that doesn't mean that groups like The Nation of Islam and the Black Panther Party shouldn't try. To get people more involved it's going to take a series of events that people can't ignore for us to band together and make headway towards a black nationalist agenda.

Also, not enough of us -- myself included -- know about people like Eldrige Cleaver, Bobby Seal, John Huggins, Alprentice "Bunchie" Carter, Stokely Carmichael, Medgar Evers, Huey Newton, Angela Davis and a host of strong personalities that were revolutionary minded for the purpose of seeing our people do better. Their struggle took real commitment ... jail time and death commitment.

Are people resolved to commit themselves to the cause of black nationalism, because it does come at a cost.

Like ingredient for a cake, you have the elements needed for a sustainable black nationalist movement, but like the cake you need to combine the elements, the put the elements under heat and pressure to form. A lot of us here in the states are pacified with relative success and don't feel the urgency to push a black nationalist movement ... that doesn't mean that groups like The Nation of Islam and the Black Panther Party shouldn't try. To get people more involved it's going to take a series of events that people can't ignore for us to band together and make headway towards a black nationalist agenda.

Also, not enough of us -- myself included -- know about people like Eldrige Cleaver, Bobby Seal, John Huggins, Alprentice "Bunchie" Carter, Stokely Carmichael, Medgar Evers, Huey Newton, Angela Davis and a host of strong personalities that were revolutionary minded for the purpose of seeing our people do better. Their struggle took real commitment ... jail time and death commitment.

Are people resolved to commit themselves to the cause of black nationalism, because it does come at a cost.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Well said garlicsalt99, well said indeed; you speak truth to power.

Peace In,

I couldn't have said it better!!

To add to this, it will take alot more Unity than is being displayed in our communities. I think that it will be next to impossible to build this nation when the majority of our people don't even want to do the work or be citizens!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back