Black Spirituality Religion : Is anyone here familiar I-Ching?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Dany_Bill, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Dany_Bill

Dany_Bill Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone here familiar with the I-Ching or have experience using the I-Ching? What do you think about it?

Also anyone ever consulted the I-Ching with dice?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Dany Bill ... no, i've never heard of it ... care to share ?

:heart:

Destee

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

as in the I-ching manual???

I humbly ask what do you think about it after reading it???

peace

4. Dany_Bill

Ratings:
    +3
    To Destee : The I-Ching is a Chinese oracle/ book that is supposed to be one of, if not the foundation of Chinese philosophy, medicine, etc. The I-Ching book is composed of what are called 64 hexagrams (a symbol made up of six lines). The hexagrams are composed of 2 trigrams (a symbol made up of 3 lines). Some people use the I-Ching to get spiritual and moral insight into the things that are going on in their lives. I am a beginner with it but it has been helpful and I will learn more about it. There is more to the I-Ching but if you have any questions about what I said feel free to ask.

You can also check out the wikipedia article too : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

To info-moetry: After reading it, looking up some stuff on it and asking it some questions I think it is interesting. You read it b4? What do you think of it?

If anyone wants to add on or take away from what I said.....feel free to do so. Peace.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother Dany Hill ... are you a Brother ? ... if not, no disrespect is intended, i just like addressing folk in this manner.

Thank you for sharing with me. Like i said, i'd never heard of this before. I went and browsed the article at Wikipedia, but it's almost like talking a foreign language to me. Much like learning the ways of my own Ancestors, our Spirituality from days gone by. It has been so far removed from me, and i've found it hard to understand.

I'm wondering though, what made you gravitate toward Chinese stuff? Are you Chinese?

Is this like Buddhism ... slightly related? Not that i know anything of it, but i saw it mentioned in that article.

Again ... thanks for sharing.

Destee

6. Dany_Bill

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Destee. Yep I am a brother. Nope I'm not Chinese. The I Ching is not Buddhism but some Buddhists might use the I Ching. As far as being interested in Chinese suff.....hmmm....I'm not super deep into it but got into it from looking up info on black folks living in Asia, reading different books, etc.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Ohhh Okay Brother Dany Hill ... Great! ... :)

Are there some particular (i.e., easily shared and understood) concepts coming from I Ching that you can share with me? I'm of the belief that it's certainly possible to find some good in all things.

Speaking of Black folk in Asia, we have had Brothers from Asia taking part even here! I'm so geographically challenged, i need to look at a map right now, so i can feel more sure about what i'm saying ... is China in Asia? :eeek:

I believe this Member is in China ... or maybe it's Japan ... is Japan in Asia?!

See ... wait ... let me go get a map right now ...

[​IMG]

See ... if i had went and looked at the map first, i wouldn't look so ignorant right now ... :(

That's okay though ... i won't display this same ignorance again, now that i know! :)

How did your search go, regarding Black Folk in Asia ... find lots of stuff?

Don't forget ... if you have some I Ching principles you can share, please do.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee