Black People : Is America Too Grown,Too Soon?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sweet baby_face, Aug 4, 2003.

?

Are kids acting too grown?

1. Yes, absolutely!

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. In a way

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Certain ones

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. No, not at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    I gotta ask, do you think children are growing up too fast? Do you think kids today are acting too grown too soon? Are you seeing a lack of respect from children now oppose from then? What do you think has cause it?

I 'm asking y'all this because one day, I called my ex-boyfriend's house and his 3-year old niece picked up the phone and she told them that some b***h is on the phone. I'm tripping because what does a 3-year old know about a b***h? So, what do you think about this?

Let me know what you really think about this? Don't hold back at all. Let's just keep it real?

2. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe life is a series of metaphores,
    Your post sounded as though you were
    addressing America as an empire but you were
    talking as a community so i think your question
    can be answered in a metaphorical sense.
    Yep i agree,
    and the metaphore:
    (since America is only 4-500 years old yet is one of the wealthiest countries in the world next to Britain which is millenarian )
    You can tell a tree (America)
    by the fruit it bare (The kids)
    Premature.

3. divinity

divinity Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    if it's one thing i can't stand....is too grown kids....i absolutely hate to see kids acting, talking, involved in anything that pertains to adult/mature issues.......it has a lot to do with who they're around, tv, and mainly their parents involvement......and we wonder were they get this stuff from and why they become crazed teenagers and young adults............we should try to protect them from this type of stuff......what's more precious than your child's innocence, purity, and untanted mind? They should stay children while they're children......there's plenty of time for the grown-up mess later....

4. Divine_Thought

Divine_Thought Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that on alot of levels kids are being pushed into acting too grown too fast...or at least what the media and the rest of the society at large depicts as what being grown is. But at the same time very few kids today have a real Rites of Passage or someone to really sit and build with them, and train these boys and girls on how to really be men and women. So they are growing up too fast and at the same time they are getting stuck in perpetual immaturity.

5. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    ...I agree, but i wouldnt call their actions "grown"...."grown" is my grandaddy leaving his home at age 16 to help take care of the family.....there is nothing grown about a lil fass tail girl or a lil hardheaded manish boy....them and their parents just need some knowledge about themselves....:spank: .....parents are becoming more ignorant and less mature, and their children follow suit...

...but i feel what yall are saying...

6. cypher

cypher Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    this is the result of the raping of the black family...when kids don't have the needed stability and presence provided by a loving family they are forced to adapt and sometimes that means losing touch with their childhood....i don't consider this behavior acting grown because many adults behave in the same way and it is considered juvenile or immature....people seem to be confused....

7. Sweet baby_face

Sweet baby_face Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student by day, Poet by night
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanx 4 yr comments.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    Yes, children are in a manner growing up too fast and too soon. Many children are acting far "too grown" for their age. Respect has almost virtually disappeared from the child to the adult, and also to other children as well. I believe the cause it lack of guidance to the youth.

Many young girls are wearing clothes to show off what isn't even there; many young boys are getting puffed up attitudes without really learning what it means to be a man.

The girls are learning at an increasingly younger age how to "steal" women's men, and it's utterly disgusting(on both ends) and very saddening. Boys are becoming daddy's when they're stilling living with their own daddies, and again, it's very saddening to see such cases.

Much guidance is needed for these youths; they have a needs to understand when it's time to come into their own and when it's time for the most listening and learning. Many are lost right now, and sadly some are far too gone, but there are those who just need to be searched out so that they can be brought home from all the nonsense of this world they cling to!

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    However, I will say, some children haven't much of a choice but to grow up sooner than usual because of all the troubles at home. These still need guidance also and help from brothers and sisters that the little child's burden may be lightened.