Black People Politics : Is America ready for a new form of government?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by blazejay, Mar 25, 2013.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Hello,

I want to get feedback on this topic.
    I know I am tired of a two party government, what do you think about a council instead of a one person controlling the nation system?
    How about no one, but state elected council representatives that hold equal decision powers but we the people have the power to pass or reject bills and legislation's?
    We have more say in the process than to let branches of government dictate our actions and how we conduct the country?
    Since we have to live with our decision's, why we can't place a special committee that deal with community issues and help resolve financial and economic issues?, while this council handle security and protection issues and problems?
    If this is not a good idea, why we can't have more than two parties to represent us?

2. John Ridgeway

John Ridgeway Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7

3. John Ridgeway

Ratings:
    +7
    Just keep the faith a little while longer brother. The whole world will soon be ruled by one world government and one power. The government of God.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

He, you and I will be long dead before any of that happens! Furthermore, the issue then will be one of "WHOSE GOD"? I can give religion respect in that area. The world has never seen so much death, destruction or bloodshed until the rise of religion...and this is where your hope lies at?...GOOD LUCK FOR REAL?????

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Is this country ready for a new form of govt? Well for that to happen, this country would have to take its place along the line of great empires that have fallen. "Olympus" must fall, it seems in order for there to be a 'new' brand of govt. This would not likely garantee a better country, but could likely lead to a power-paradaigm shift. Should that happen, the question is were will the afrikan in america be in relation to the paradaigm shift?

6. John Ridgeway

Ratings:
    +7
    I see we have conflicting views. I wish you Peace!

7. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    You have this now. This is Congress.
    We don't have a two party government per se ....
    We have a tripartite government of legislative, executive, and judicial branches.

The two party system is political, not governmental.

This has somewhat been done before: Athens, Greece.

Supposedly, you have this in a federation.
    The problem with any corporation, whether public (government) or private, is the hunger for growth, revenue, and power.

You can have more than one party. It will be an uphill battle establishing one as well as garnering the support.

It would disturb the current equilibrium of those who possess the money, power, and control of government and government offices if successful.