Is age just a number?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by babyshy1, Mar 30, 2005.

1. babyshy1

babyshy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Do y'all think age is just a number? bcoz ive had trouble decidin if i should date younger boys ,they only younga by a few months anyway post ur opinions on this...im 15 by the boy i recently liked was 15 too and im almost 16

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hi Babyshy

At 15 yrs old again your concentration should on other things such as classes, grades, drivers ed, graduating on time, you know school stuff. Personally 15 is too young for dating outside of chaperoned school functions. If this is what you are talking about then no, a young men a few months younger is technically the same age as you are so you won't loose any social cool points. One thing that disturbed me is your plural use of young men. Be careful your peers are watching and you know how people talk.
    :thinking: :gossip:

Peace

Radical Faith

3. miss-no-love

miss-no-love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :tweety: I think that there is nothing wrong that you are dating a boy that is a couple months younger than you but if you tryin' to date someone that is like 18 or over than ma you beta sit your butt down, but naw you really need to concentrate on your school work and don't spend your time thinking bout boys all day ma. You got your whole like a head of you, I mean you at that age that you gonna be thinking about boys so just be careful about what you do and think about the concequences before you decide to take action in something.

why is so hard to tell the truth but so easy to lie,
    When you look in the mirror the face you see may not be your own. 1Luv :baby:

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Radical is giving some great advice. Don't let the boys take your focus, and run out leaving you with regrets. They will be lined up to spend time with you when you have some idle time and about 18.

I have a daughter she is 12, so I have to help her into her teen years. ( joking ) I just tell her I will have to meet all boys that want to date her, and I want them to help me clean my gun collection. Paraphrased... some what.. but close to what I do say.

Age is nothing but a number is what you will hear.

In the movie.. Are we there yet. Ice Cibe had a saying I really liked.

When the question comes up about age, and you find your on the older end of the question it may be useful.

" Age is mind over matter! If you don't mind , it doesn't matter. "

So cool... :)

Stay in school, if you take law in college contact me I will have a case that needs a good attorney by then. Your honor, we were cleaning them... he volunteered and it went off... :flamet:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    they both have given sound and very good advice
    school first , boys last but a few months not so young
    as to 10 yrs.
    don't get trap by this myth or saying you hear .

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I don't see a problem with that age difference. As a teenager, I think it's inappropriate if you go too young (13-14, a group that shouldn't be dating anyway), or too old (18 plus).

7. Intrepid

Intrepid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Adminstrative Assistant
    Somewhere in this wonderful place we call the worl
    Ratings:
    +3
    Babyshy1 as a teenager I understand you may have intrest in boys, but please focus on your studies and dreams and goals in life and work hard at achieving this.
    I am concerned because the majority of your recent post have all been about boys and what you shoud do. Are you wifey material, he broke up with you.
    Please turn your attention and gear your life toward attaining your high school diploma, attending college graduating and maintaining a successful career.
    Any boy who is intrested in you now will be even more intrested after you have attained positive achievments for yourself, if they are not just in it for the fun (you know what I mean).
    When the time is right love will find you and be there for the long hall.
    At this time school should be the focus not whether he is to young or too old.
    I say this as a concerned "mother" and out of love

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Let me tell you girl.

Speaking as a 19 year-old who lived probably the same type of lifestyle you are living, I would not worry about dating.

School is not going to get any easier. Withing the next five years, it will become more imperative that as black people, we will have to stick together and stand strong - not as boyfriend and girlfriend.....but as brothers and sisters! There will always be time to find the right guy for you when you have your education. Not to mention, Wouldn't you agree that your chances of finding the perfect mate for you be easier both of you are olderr and successful? Success comes later in life, not earlier. You are just getting started, and you must get yourself together before you think about making love to anyone. Seek more into what you will do with your life, if you attend college, how you will get it all paid for, Serving the purpose that God gave you, and finding a way to become economically stable throughout the rest of your life. Good things happen to those who wait!

CD

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    No girl,age just show how much u can be mature