Black People Politics : IRS Rides 1884 'Dead Horse' Law to Defense of Tax Preparer Rules

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Politics,

... Shikamaru This should be right up your alley, lol, looking forward to some good dialog on these issues ...

IRS Rides 1884 'Dead Horse' Law to Defense of Tax Preparer Rules

[​IMG]
    Reuters - A general view of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Building in Washington, May 14, 2013. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Tuesday defended its effort to regulate the tax return preparation business for the first time in U.S. history, basing its case largely on a 19th century law dealing with horses lost or killed in the Civil War.
    At an appellate court hearing on a challenge brought by libertarian lawyers challenging the administration, Justice Department Tax Division lawyer Gilbert Rothenberg said: "I hate to beat a dead horse, especially one from the Civil War era."
    But he explained that the administration sees the "Horse Act of 1884" as providing ample authority for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to regulate the tens of thousands of preparers who fill out millions of Americans' federal tax returns.

suggested reading:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/irs-rides-1884-dead-horse-law-defense-tax-211608311--sector.html

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Really, but they seem to be good straws, lol, founded on a decent principle ... Folk had been claiming false horse lost, the same as a preparer fleeces the tax revenue pool, I would imagine.

I say let's beat this dead horse :) I say intra-vires.