Black People : Iraq; "4 More Years!, 4 More Years!

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Elizabethh the first, adopted a nation in total state of deficit, therefore under the council of Lord Walsingham,
she embarked on a course of looting, enslaving and pilaging the highly melinated world, to restore the British economy

and now that the US is flat broke it looks like...
history repeats itself

Published on Tuesday, August 3, 2010 by the Inter Press Service
Obama Drops 2009 Pledge to Withdraw Combat Troops from Iraq
by Gareth Porter

WASHINGTON - Seventeen months after President Barack Obama pledged to withdraw all combat brigades from Iraq by Sept. 1, 2010, he quietly abandoned that pledge Monday, admitting implicitly that such combat brigades would remain until the end of 2011.

Herson Blanco carries a mock coffin draped in an American flag during a protest march calling for an immediate end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan on March 2010 in Washington, DC. US public support for the Iraq and Afghan war and President Barack Obama's handing of the conflict has hit an all-time low after the leak of secret military documents, a poll showed Tuesday.
(AFP/Brendan Hoffman)Obama declared in a speech to disabled U.S. veterans in Atlanta that "America's combat mission in Iraq" would end by the end of August, to be replaced by a mission of "supporting and training Iraqi security forces".

That statement was in line with the pledge he had made on Feb. 27, 2009, when he said, "Let me say this as plainly as I can: by Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end."

In the sentence preceding that pledge, however, he had said, "I have chosen a timeline that will remove our combat brigades over the next 18 months." Obama said nothing in his speech Monday about withdrawing "combat brigades" or "combat troops" from Iraq until the end of 2011.

Even the concept of "ending the U.S. combat mission" may be highly misleading, much like the concept of "withdrawing U.S. combat brigades" was in 2009.

Under the administration's definition of the concept, combat operations will continue after August 2010, but will be defined as the secondary role of U.S. forces in Iraq. The primary role will be to "advise and assist" Iraqi forces.

An official who spoke with IPS on condition that his statements would be attributed to a "senior administration official" acknowledged that the 50,000 U.S. troops remaining in Iraq beyond the deadline will have the same combat capabilities as the combat brigades that have been withdrawn.

The official also acknowledged that the troops will engage in some combat but suggested that the combat would be "mostly" for defensive purposes.

That language implied that there might be circumstances in which U.S. forces would carry out offensive operations as well.
http://www.commondreams.org/print/59021

Didn't we hear the same story during Vietnam?????

Published on Tuesday, August 3, 2010 by the Inter Press Service
Obama Drops 2009 Pledge to Withdraw Combat Troops from Iraq
by Gareth Porter

WASHINGTON - Seventeen months after President Barack Obama pledged to withdraw all combat brigades from Iraq by Sept. 1, 2010, he quietly abandoned that pledge Monday, admitting implicitly that such combat brigades would remain until the end of 2011.

That statement was in line with the pledge he had made on Feb. 27, 2009, when he said, "Let me say this as plainly as I can: by Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end."

http://www.commondreams.org/print/59021

Didn't we hear the same story during Vietnam?????

Interesting.

Very interesting. but in my opinion, once America set foot over there and took the lead for whatever reason, they can't stop now otherwise, wouldn't it backfire? Once you make enemies based upon killing innocent civilians then, its the kind of human atrocity that draws passion and retaliatory actions continually...

Interesting.

Very interesting. but in my opinion, once America set foot over there and took the lead for whatever reason, they can't stop now otherwise, wouldn't it backfire? Once you make enemies based upon killing innocent civilians then, its the kind of human atrocity that draws passion and retaliatory actions continually...

OK now let me understand the analogy

then Black folks here should endure opressions of all sorts, police brutality, and institutional racism,

just in case we seek revenge for the past 400 years?

Is that how human nature works?

Obama Admin Claims End to Combat Operations in Iraq, But Iraqis See Same War Under a Different Name
Troopwithdrawl

The Obama administration says the last combat brigades have left Iraq. Is this the end of the Iraq war or just a rebranding of the US occupation? More than 50,000 troops remain in Iraq as well as 4,500 special operations forces and tens of thousands of private contractors. The US embassy in Baghdad is the largest in the world—the size of eighty football fields. We get a perspective on the so-called withdrawal rarely heard in the US media: that of two Iraqis, Raed Jarrar of Peace Action and Yanar Mohammed of the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/8/20/obama_admin_claims_end_to_combat

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back