Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Hello Family.

This thread is not an academic exercise, nor is expertise with IQ tests required. Instead, it seeks to clearly expose the flawed logic in such tests that are meant to test intelligence. I seek your review and criticism in hopes of strengthening my opinions about the IQ test. That would include finding logic,factual errors,and things that don't seem right according to your experience.

IMO,it's a logical impossibility of testing for innate human intelligence.IQ test cannot be statistically demonstrated to measure innate intelligence because there is no way to verify their accuracy without changing the common definitions of intelligence to be a list of quantifiable, real-life criteria to test accuracy. No such list can match the common definitions of innate intelligence, or even come close.

The intelligence we're talking about is the "knowledge" that every living entity is born with, and which allows it to adapt to the environment in order to survive. If you put a plant on a window sill, in a day or so it will have turned its leaves to face the light. Turn the plant around and in another day or so, it again will have turned its leaves to receive the light it needs to maintain its normal functions.

The plant doesn't use logic to figure out that it needs light, or decide to turn its leaves around to face the window. It doesn't "think" and it isn't self-aware. Yet, the intelligence it possesses allows it to go from a tiny seed to a lush plant,.....

http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/resources/greens/green5.htm

So this is the Problem:

IQ tests are fine for purely academic purposes and research papers must be published. But these academic papers are seized upon for political purposes and widely distributed to the general public,those promoters and distributors know very well that the general public will substitute their common definitions of intelligence for the definition effectively used in the research, i.e. the exact verification criteria. Now the reason is obvious: It is self-serving for lots of people (e.g. racists) to make the substitution and promote that substitution, and the social cost to disadvantaged groups is extremely high. Academics and researchers are members of society too. Lots of potentially damaging research requires similar or more stringent safeguards.

For example,this type of rhetoric.

If you tell yourself that the top professional and managerial jobs in this country require an IQ of at least 115 or thereabouts, then you also have to tell yourself that only about 2.5 percent of blacks appear able to compete for those jobs. The comparable figure for whites would be about 16 percent. Total black population with IQs over 115: 800,000. Comparable figure for whites: about 30 million. If blacks had the same IQ distribution as whites, the black total would be over 5 million.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/iq.htm

This type of drek is no news,but this warrants the assumption that any such document that does not clearly prevent substitution of common definitions of innate intelligence is effectively a racist document, intended or not.

Peace!

Hello Family.

This thread is not an academic exercise, nor is expertise with IQ tests required. Instead, it seeks to clearly expose the flawed logic in such tests that are meant to test intelligence. I seek your review and criticism in hopes of strengthening my opinions about the IQ test. That would include finding logic,factual errors,and things that don't seem right according to your experience.

IMO,it's a logical impossibility of testing for innate human intelligence.IQ test cannot be statistically demonstrated to measure innate intelligence because there is no way to verify their accuracy without changing the common definitions of intelligence to be a list of quantifiable, real-life criteria to test accuracy. No such list can match the common definitions of innate intelligence, or even come close.

http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/resources/greens/green5.htm

So this is the Problem:

IQ tests are fine for purely academic purposes and research papers must be published. But these academic papers are seized upon for political purposes and widely distributed to the general public,those promoters and distributors know very well that the general public will substitute their common definitions of intelligence for the definition effectively used in the research, i.e. the exact verification criteria. Now the reason is obvious: It is self-serving for lots of people (e.g. racists) to make the substitution and promote that substitution, and the social cost to disadvantaged groups is extremely high. Academics and researchers are members of society too. Lots of potentially damaging research requires similar or more stringent safeguards.

For example,this type of rhetoric.

http://library.flawlesslogic.com/iq.htm

This type of drek is no news,but this warrants the assumption that any such document that does not clearly prevent substitution of common definitions of innate intelligence is effectively a racist document, intended or not.

Peace!

The intellectual or logical man, rather than the understanding or observant man, set himself to imagine designs......to dictate purposes to God. Having thus fathomed to his satisfaction, the intentions of Jehovah, out of these intentions he built his innumerable systems of mind. ....Poe

^^^^

interesting quote...

"to dictate purposes to God"

"systems of mind"

I would argue that the free mind has no "system"

IQ tests are a scientific approach at testing the mundane

it seems to want to measure the conceptual abilities, thought processes etc.

to sort of seize the "mind" if you will, however, even deeper if you look at the effects of such cruel intentions, and attempts to discover that which the producers of such a test mean when they administer such, it is easy to see the decline of human communication

for example the intelligence of one with "autism" mathematically and logically is indeed superior, but the intent of such a creation has no clue what goes on in the very "mind" it created

or for example "down's syndrome", socially functional within the constraints of their world

even animals, lost communication

perhaps the intent of this test is as old as time

and instead of looking in the "brain" they should find the answers in their own hearts

but it matters of the heart, logic seems to dismiss the real effects

nothing is right according to my own experience, from the way we see ourselves up and including the way we accept the experiences of others'

even thru arguing and debating their cultures, their languages, their rites, their history

we waste so much time focusing on an illusion when we could be creating a reality

when u conceptually grasp that GOD is the essence of everything there is nothing u can call an x factor or the unknown, because the answer is always right there

all these lil tests and ongoing science projects just shows GOD how much we don't know

The problem with IQ tests is surely that...
1) Any single test will fail to assess fully all the different types of thinking a person can do...
and
2) More importantly there must be some cultural, language bias within the test since it has been written by a person of some culture/language.
I can't see that one could ever use it as more than a very crude judge of someone's abilities. With many of the tests its possible to increase your score by practice which suggests they aren't really measuring intelligence at all.
Plus if people are using the tests to try and prove superiority of one race over another that would be just ludicrous for the second reason I wrote above...
It would be interesting to see if any such results held up if all the people tested were retested using tests made by a person of a different race...
I had several IQ tests done when I was at school and when I was older and found out the results of those it was interesting to see how different the scores were from each other.

IQ tests are fine for purely academic purposes and research papers must be published. But these academic papers are seized upon for political purposes and widely distributed to the general public,those promoters and distributors know very well that the general public will substitute their common definitions of intelligence for the definition effectively used in the research, i.e. the exact verification criteria.

First of all I do not agree with that.

I think that the first and most obvious problem with this IQ crap is that it tries to boil it down to a single number. Even on the written IQ tests it is obvious that different parts of the test are testing different abilities. Like they usually have a vocabulary portion. That isn't even a measure of intelligence that is a measure of knowledge. But there is also usually a part where you look at little diagrams and you must rotate them in your "mind's eye" so to speak to see which diagrams are similar.

But instead of applying separate numbers to different abilities they mush it down to a single number.

This is comparable to trying to use a single number to rate all computers. Which processor, what clock speed, how much memory, how big a hard drive, what is the screen resolution? This is a statistical game. Most likely a rigged statistical game.

But I think it is more about classism and culturalism than racism but many Black Americans want to play the classism game and and we sabotage ourselves with some of the culturalism. I have had Black man act like there is something wrong with reading a book. That is one way to build vocabulary. Plenty of sci-fi writers have big vocabularies and put SCIENCE in their books too.

um

The problem with IQ tests is surely that...
1) Any single test will fail to assess fully all the different types of thinking a person can do...
and
2) More importantly there must be some cultural, language bias within the test since it has been written by a person of some culture/language.
I can't see that one could ever use it as more than a very crude judge of someone's abilities. With many of the tests its possible to increase your score by practice which suggests they aren't really measuring intelligence at all.
Plus if people are using the tests to try and prove superiority of one race over another that would be just ludicrous for the second reason I wrote above...
It would be interesting to see if any such results held up if all the people tested were retested using tests made by a person of a different race...
I had several IQ tests done when I was at school and when I was older and found out the results of those it was interesting to see how different the scores were from each other.

Exactly,there are seven different types of intelligence that man is said to have and no one excels in all of them. SO how can you pick one out of the seven and say that this one determines is a person is smart or not?

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back