Phones and Apps : iPhone 5 - Have One - Getting One - Whatcha Think?

No thanks.
I prefer a phone that I can customize, is fashionable, and is not 2 generations behind my year old Android.

BTW, does anyone know of any black tech sites, especially ones for Android phones?

I don't know any, although, I haven't looked.

Android rocks :).....

... but I have Apple products too.

Peace and Blessings Family,

One can hardy escape the introduction of Apple's iPhone 5.

Do you have one, plan on getting one ... what do you think of it ?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

...The big day is over, lol, and there seems to be two(2) major problems Sister Destee; Map applications and purchasing the adapter. Its reported that 25 million will be spent on adapter sales alone, and Apple's map appl. is very faulty compared to Google's...

The iPhone 5 supports faster 4G mobile networks and also comes with a number of software updates, including Apple's new in-house maps feature, which is based on Dutch navigation equipment and digital map maker TomTom's map data.
But not everyone was impressed. Some users criticized the maps feature for a number of geographical errors, missing information, and a lack of features.
And not everyone was thrilled with Apple's success.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/apple-details-new-dock-connector-its-called-lightning/

2012-09-21T230931Z_3_CBRE88K14KZ00_RTROPTP_2_USA-APPLE-IPHONE.JPG

Apple's iPhone 5 is seen on display at the Apple store in Manhasset, New York September 21, 2012. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Apple iPhone 5 fever rages despite grumbling over maps

SAN FRANCISCO/LONDON (Reuters) - Apple Inc fans queued around city blocks worldwide on Friday to get their hands on the new iPhone 5, pointing to a strong holiday season for the consumer device maker despite grumblings about the mapping app in the new smartphone.
The iPhone 5 -- thinner, lighter and with a 4-inch screen -- went on sale in stores across the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia, with mobile carriers reporting record demand that looked likely to stretch Apple's supply capacity.
http://news.yahoo.com/long-queues-greet-apples-iphone-5-sydney-tokyo-014520076--sector.html

Peace In,

Apple says more than 5 million iPhone 5s sold

NEW YORK (AP) — Apple Inc. said Monday that it sold more than 5 million units of the iPhone 5 in the three days since its launch, fewer than analysts had expected.
http://news.yahoo.com/apple-says-more-5-million-iphone-5s-sold-125513484--finance.html

f09c37f4f802171a1c0f6a706700e8e8.jpg

Associated Press/Kin Cheung, File - FILE-In this Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, file photo, a staff member of Apple Inc. shows the iPhone 5 to customers at the Apple store in Hong Kong. Apple Inc. said Monday Sept. 24 2012, that it has sold more than 5 million units of the new iPhone 5 in the three days since its launch, less than analysts had expected. (AP Photo/Kin Cheung, File)

Peace In,

... SMH, all this comes after gross sales were made, wow!

Apple had used Google's Maps since the launch of the iPhone, but with iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, both released last week, it moved to its own solution which it has been building for quite some time. According to reports, Google and Apple still had another year to their agreement, but Apple wanted to create its own solution. Google has not released a standalone app for the iPhone or iPad, thoughThe New York Times reports that it will be out before the end of the year.
Apple CEO Tim Cook Apologizes for New Maps Glitches

ht_phone_maps_cc_120920_wmain.jpg

ABC News - Apple CEO Tim Cook Apologizes for New Maps Glitches (ABC News)

It has been no secret: Apple's new maps app included with the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 launched last weekwith a lot of glitches, including misplaced points of interest and jumbled renderings of important locations.
Today Apple has addressed the issue head on with an apology letter from CEO Tim Cook. The letter, which appears on the Apple website, admits the direct problems with the service.
http://news.yahoo.com/apple-ceo-tim-cook-apologizes-maps-glitches-131156675--abc-news-tech.html

Peace In,

Peace and Blessings Family,

One can hardy escape the introduction of Apple's iPhone 5.

Do you have one, plan on getting one ... what do you think of it ?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee
I will stick with my i4 so long as I can stay updated.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back