Black Spirituality Religion : INVOCATION

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
HOW SHOULD WE COMMUNICATE WITH GOD?

We invoke our spirit and our spirits with our words, our thoughts, our behaviors are our magical rituals that bring forth and summon the energies that aid our creation. Invocation can be the use of words-prayer, the use of the body for possession through dance, music and even art- to "call forth" or "call in" a spiritual presence.

We are more conscious of how invocation works through prayer. Yet not as aware of how invocation works through our daily actions, through eating and drinking and even through sex. But even through prayer, the art and style of calling up spiritual powers is somehow masked by the "intent" of the religious ceremony.

From the unreal lead me to the Real! From darkness lead me to light!
From death lead me to immortality! Om.
Hinduism. Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.28

I bow to the Arahants, the perfected human beings, Godmen.
I bow to the Siddhas, liberated bodiless souls, God.
I bow to the Acharyas, the masters and heads of congregations.
I bow to the Upadhyayas, the spiritual teachers.
I bow to the spiritual practitioners in the universe, Sadhus.

This fivefold obeisance mantra, Destroys all sins and obstacles,
And of all auspicious repetitions, Is the first and foremost.

-Jainism. Namokar Mantra

As with most prayers in Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism etc., the intent appears to be a begging and pleading for help from a higher a source. The act of worship in the form of a solicitation for higher council. We attempt to invoke and call down a "holy spirit" we assume has the authority over producers of our suffering.

Such intent is far different from the shamanistic powers of the Ifa, those who can use invocation of lightning as an instrument of warfare. Terrible rain, wind storms, all manners of natural phenomena. The bodies piled high, all those who had the misfortune of gazing in the bloodshot red eyes of a certain African Shaman known for his ability to invoke death on those who dared psychic battles with him.

It would seem the invocations of common religions are well scripted in order to keep the essential essence of self in servitude instead of in total awareness of the spiritual energy we can command to affect matter and the spirits that hold it together.

Let's study the common sex practices in western culture for example. In most cases this is also a ritual of servitude especially for the female- the Goddess energy. The sexual invocations of western culture is the sex magic used to keep the relationship between "master and slave" alive. Yet if the intent is changed, sex as a ritual becomes just as powerful as the Shamanistic rituals of West Africa. The greatest problem presented here is with the male ego, who in the western world has declared himself ruler so long as the females remain in ignorance away from their "ase" stored in the breasts and backside.
It is from these areas Man draws power during sex.

Yet in order to keep the female ignorant instead of educated, some Men who thirst for power will much rather perform sex magic with other Men, because "the intent" has to be held in the mind of both members involved. Men in these secret ritualistic cultures have sex to invoke spirits that grant them wealth and power. Because of ego and fear such esoteric Men would never educate Women about the true nature of their sexual practices. They are afraid to practice such magic with Women because "the intent" between Men and Women is usually different. The lust for wealth and power is not often shared between sexes.

This is however untrue for spiritual Africans who know and understand how spirit works and how consciousness moves and lives inside all things. Sexual traditions have always been very sacred. The vagina very sacred, the penis very sacred. Because these are tools used to invoke interdimensional spirits.
In some tribal conditions, the Husbands and Wifes are instructed to have sex at a certain time in order to invoke certain Ancestors, Gods and spirits that would bring upon a successful harvest. And if the harvest is unsuccessful, a Husband or two might be scolded for not pleasing the Wife properly.

What we might regard as superstition, actually comes from a real understanding of nature, nature spirits, cosmic spirits and even alien spirits that interact with us all the time through sexual energy. These are the Genies/Gods of Aladdin's lamp. This lamp is the stomach where spirits flows from, as well as the penis. The Genie lives in the "milky way" of the Male and Female geni-talia.

The Communal sex practices and orgies of great African Kings have been perverted by the minds of European idiots who are spiritless in their understanding of nature in the first place. Yet these same minds will brag about the Homosexual sexual practices and orgies of Rome that were common during Rome's rain of power and dominance.

We should be mindful of our sexual practices, and very mindful of the "intent" held in the minds of both members involved. Because the spirits we invoke during our rituals arrive like babies being born, birthed by the intent of it's parents. It is this power that also gives life to our avatars, daemons, logos and sigils. How common is it to use "God" or "Jesus" during sex? Whatever words we use, creates the imagery or sigils of power that will possess the spirits we invoke with our spiritual energy exchange.

We also invoke through the ritual of food and drink. Like sex, a meal is never just a meal. We are feeding the body, and the body runs on spiritual energy as well. The speaking of "grace" the prayer used to bless food before eating it, a giving of thanks to our Creators for their ability to provide food is also a way we invoke spirits into the food we eat and drinks we drink.

The invocation rituals done on food sends communication imagery into the mind. During a family meal, the ritual of grace doesn't end after "amen" the absorption of the intent continues as each person speaks over and around the food. Unless food is contained by some type of reflective crystal or matter, our thought energy can affect it. Which is why most good liquors are kept in what? In glass bottles to contain the "spirits" within.

Sacred vessels like the calabash is still used in Africa and the Caribbean as a way to pour libations to the spirits before a special event, meeting or ritual. Yet because the calabash is so widely used as a container for a variety of things, most people are unaware of how sacred it is, especially without considering the shape of the fruit is often likened to the shape of a Woman, the vagina, breasts and backside. It was first used in rituals because of this natural shape.

Just as well, the calabash can be used to make ritualistic musical instruments that are then used to invoke spirits. Like food, music is also used to call down or call up the Gods within. It is not common to hear stories about certain types of trees used to make drums because that tree "spoke" with the musician and asked to be made into a drum. The communication with nature and unanimated forms is not alien to our Ancestors. In fact, a tree has very useful things to say about medicine, which is something modern Man is still trying to figure out.

How should we communicate with God? If we are willing to free ourselves from the illusions of life, we have to learn by the use of our own personal and spiritual understanding - how to invoke - call in the Genies that will wake us from this dream. Perhaps it begins with an acknowledgment of our own Godhood, and then at least an attempt to use that Godhood to target an area in our life that needs improvement.

Knowledge Seed- I always say the best prayers and rituals are the ones we design for ourselves based upon our understanding. What I really try to stress, is our intent. "The Lord's Prayer" for example has an intent that is programmed in our minds, just as the "Pledge of Allegiance" has has intent.

In the following prayer the "intent" of the Lord's prayer is changed to include something more specific and personal for Black people in today's time.

My Mothers and Fathers alive and well in the spirit world, your names are sacred
your kingdom rests within this body, your actions are done through me
in this world and in all others worlds I will travel
lend me your power, my mind is a container for your spiritual energy
forgive me for forgetting our truth
as I will forgive those who surrendered also to the illusion
lead me away by force from those will drain us of our energy
deliver my body, my soul and my mind from all deceptions
I am the kingdom of my Ancestors, your powers work from within me, as my powers work from with you, in death and in life, in darkness and in light.

For me, I've found the best invocations through imagery, art and music only because my spirit is drawn to those. The idea is the same with picking up the phone to call someone. Who are we calling and why? Sometimes we just call people to say hello, or even to ask for a favor. The same is true here, sometimes we pray to invoke someone in the spiritual realm just to say hello, just to know they are there. We just want to "hear" them.

Hearing is the key for me, "key" as in a musical tone, a vibration. I know certain words produce certain phenomena in the form of vibrations. Images also hold certain vibrations in place, they record the patterns in sound.

In the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, Tablet 15 - the translations says-

On Earth, man is in bondage,
bound by space and time to the earth plane.
Encircling each planet, a wave of vibration,
binds him to his plane of unfoldment.
Yet within man is the Key to releasement,
within man may freedom be found.

When ye have released the self from the body,
rise to the outermost bounds of your earth-plane.
Speak ye the word Dor-E-Lil-La.

Then for a time your Light will be lifted,
free may ye pass the barriers of space.
For a time of half of the sun (six hours),
free may ye pass the barriers of earth-plane,
see and know those who are beyond thee.

Yea, to the highest worlds may ye pass.
See your own possible heights of unfoldment,
know all earthly futures of Soul.

Bound are ye in your body,
but by the power ye may be free.
This is the Secret whereby bondage
shall be replaced by freedom for thee.

Calm let thy mind be.
At rest be thy body:
Conscious only of freedom from flesh.
Center thy being on the goal of thy longing.
Think over and over that thou wouldst be free.
Think of this word La-Um-I-L-Ganoover
and over in thy mind let it sound.
Drift with the sound to the place of thy longing.
Free from the bondage of flesh by thy will.

http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald15bw.html

Awakening the powers within does being with certain frequencies, the harmonic resonance of a prayer, even those chanted in Africa, China and India can awaken a presence within. Certain patterns in art also can give us an higher state of consciousness, a buzz, a high an out of body experience can be created from listening to the sacred music of Native Americans. They all relate somehow to the "intent" of the creator. Some keys are created with the intent to keep the Genie within enslaved inside the lamp, while some keys are created to free the Genie.

To me, musicians, visual artists and poets are some of the most magical and power Africans on earth- they are living bibles of true spiritual power when the intent is used correctly for the fulfillment of our spiritual truth which is we are Creators and masters of light and darkness. We use these mediums to invoke things that help us remember who we really are.

What is amazing is how the "intent" can be so carefully hidden away, that sometimes even the artist themselves doesn't know. Case and point- India Arie's song - I am ready for love. This song also invokes the Ancestors, it is a call and response between the the flesh and the spirit world. This song is in fact a prayer for initiation.

"Ready For Love"

I am ready for love
Why are you hiding from me
I'd quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity

I am ready for love
All of the joy and the pain
And all the time that it takes
Just to stay in your good grace
Lately I've been thinking
Maybe you're not ready for me
Maybe you think I need to learn maturity