Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DigitallyBlack

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 7, 2018
digitallyblack.com
Hello everyone, before the black Friday rush comes in and the rush to buy our loved ones Christmas gifts. Will anyone buying physical gold and/or silver? This is a little before our time but we done our research on the history of gold and silver.

The ol days of buying a full tank of gas for a quarter. Even if you don't invest in buying silver eagles does anyone collect old coins such as the quarters, dimes and nickels that predate 1965? Those are ALWAYS worth keeping.

back when i worked on wall st i was walking down a back street one day and the garage door was open on one of the buildings as they were loading up the trucks. they had silver bars on pallets and they were moving them with a big butte fork lift.
they were loading them onto an armored truck. i was transfixed. i just couldn't stop staring.
there was a large security contingent heavily armed.

i just stood and watched with my tongue hanging out.

4-kilo-gold-bars.jpg

Silver and gold are nowhere close to maintaining a steady value like platinum or palladium which is realistically a moot point since any precious metals in troy ounce bullion configuration are not income or profit generating. Also even insuring it no matter it's value is futile because the few insurance companies that offer coverage for precious metals in bullion form will only reimburse you with a cap like two to three hundred dollars. Even storing bullion in a banks safety deposit box is not FDIC covered. Most people who fall for this unrealistic version of collecting bullion are not even astute enough to learn the proper methods to test the accuracy and true value of bullion. Selling bullion is a total loss too especially if one goes to a pawn shop, loan company that accepts physical collateral or any place of business that engages in buying, selling or trading bullion will severely undercut you. You'd stand a better chance in collecting implements forged from precious metals.
Another con is survivalist companies vigorous suggestions of buying precious metals to trade for food or other tangible life sustainable commodities after the apocalypse. Good luck with that. Every one of my guardians were well versed in collecting and brokering and auctioning gold coins especially Krugerrands and White diamonds.
Thank you on shedding light on this! But isn't that the point of things for things? To further explain, when trading something of value for something else of value the price will always fluctuate. Right now as we write this a 1964 quarter has real silver in it. And the amount of silver in that quarter at the spot price of today it comes out to $2.63. We are based out of california and gas prices a little higher since this is a car driven state instead of public transportation like New York.

But still, a quarter dating 1964 buys us WAY more gas than the dollar does. Problem is, finding a gas station that would take silver as payment. In essence, 50 cents would get over a gallon of gas compared to paying roughly $3.65 for on gallon of gas. It's the medium of exchange that we're using is causing us to lose wealth. But how many generations have grown up always paying for things in dollars? In other words, people know the price of things and not the value of them.

We've studied silver quiet extensively and silver has nearly countless uses outside of investment demand. All rechargeable batteries are made of silver, the keyboard we are all typing on are made out of it, as well as mirrors and that's just a few to name. Problem is, the amount used in these things it's not even worth harvesting the silver out of them because of how little of it is used. So once the silver is used it's pretty much gone.

We agree with you that a lot of survivalist companies promote precious metals. We also agree about being insured by the FDIC which is why we would never store precious metals in a safety deposit box because if the bank goes under they have the right to own all the precious metals stored inside. Thus the quote, "you don't own it if you can't hold it." All the same is it still not a good investment in case the dollar should fall? And could you further explain "collecting implements forged from precious metals".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back