Black Relationships : INTRODUCING YOUR MAN/WOMAN TO FRIENDS

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by KWABENA, Oct 26, 2004.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hello Family:

Throughout the years, I have learned that many relationships break up because of cheating, involvement in other people, etc.

I just want to know:

Do you introduce your lover to your brother, sister, friends, and others? And why would you introduce your significant other to other people?

I hear and witness stories of people who introduce their men/husbands, wife/women to other people, and those people go behind their backs and sleep with them.

Cedric Denson

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I keep Mrs. PanAfrica locked away in a closet! Ain't no body else sleeping with her...shady friends (don't trust nobody)!

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

You ain't sleeping with her either if you keep her locked in a closet. So let Mrs. pan out that closet :hammer: ...oh and by the way...if she ain't complaining about being in the closet...
    might be a hole in there somewhere ...you might want to check for *rats* :haha:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed i keep mines a sweet MYSTERY for nobody gonna touch
    my beloveth but me .......I don't like to have my love around my
    so call friendz i learn this long ago when i was a teenager ,
    The story spill out like this in short i respected her body and treasure
    but also allowed her to be around me with guys and surely she came up
    ready and having a baby my buddy tap in and stole the treasure i trust
    no man ! but i'm not in fear nor worry about nobody taken my goodies
    now because i put the bite down and can't nobody do it like me !....lol

a little humor with this .

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Of course my response was a joke Queen, I have no control over Mrs. Panafrica, and certainly do not keep her locked away in a closet. In fact, as I type this message Mrs. PanAfrica is on a business trip in Orlando. I have complete faith in her, and do not worry about her sleeping around (with friends, relatives, or strangers). Ultimately that is my lesson to you brother Cedric Denson. You can not control other people, but when you are in a relationship...you have to give a woman your trust (until she give you reason not to). She will meet family & friends when the situation arises, and if you avoid them, she will question your intentions towards her. If you truly love someone, you'll be proud to introduce them to family & friends, and if she cares for you (as you care for her)....she won't betray you.

P.S. Have you ever considered that if you hide your "woman"...you friends might try to sleep with her anyway, because they don't know she's yours? Also if you are worrying about your "boys" running up in your woman...then you are probably hanging with the wrong crowd!

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I don't know about anyone else but this question confuses me!! :thinking: Are you suggesting that it's a RISK to introduce your partner to other people because they might "cheat" on you? Have you fully grasped the question that you're asking and can see why I'm struggling with the logic behind it? :confused: First off, if it's known and accepted by both partners they are in a monogamous relationship and one of you breaks that commitment, what should that tell the other person? What does it say about anyone who is AFRAID to behave as a well-adjusted person because they don't TRUST the person they are with? To me, to limit your own freedom to enjoy life to the fullest is a sin against nature. This is how you get ulcers and stress out. Why take on these kinds of issues when you don't have to? If someone violates your trust and respect, get rid of them :kick: , be thankful you found out and didn't wind up spending the rest of your life in misery and move on.....NEXT!

Queenie :spinstar:

7. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    aawww Pan,
    I have nothing but the upmost respect for both you and mrs. Pan ...that goes without saying, oh and that goes for the little (prize fighter) pan to :karate: :haha:

I totally agree with your above statement.

8. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    :whip: Much love, Brother Rich! I hear that....I ain't mad at cha

9. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I totally agree with Pan and Queen on this one. You must know your circle. Anyone who is even suspected to be shady needs to be dropped. Life is too short to be running around questioning the motives of people we choose to keep close to us (for whatever reason).

I for one, take introducing a mate to my circle very seriously. If there isn't a chance of you lasting more than a few weeks, then there is no need for you to meet anyone. Period. What's the purpose? So you can say one day, "I think I met that person somewhere before,....."

Brother Cedric, if you love someone, and you feel comfortable that they love you back, introducing them to people you hold dear will be natural and an easy decision for you. If you doubt her trustworthiness, don't even waste your time with her. No one wants to end up with :pie: on their faces.

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    First off, I'm sorry that it confused you, because it was a toss up for me as well. The majority of people out in this world will do something like this. The question is: How well do you know your friends? Do you know them well enough to know that they will not try to stab you in the back? I know I will not become friends with someone, just so that they can steal my love, and then break them off. In that case, you lose two for the price of one! I don't think that is a good sign. Now yes, it would be alright to introduce your lover to your folks, but then there are those folks who cannot get a decent man/woman, and decide to steal their own flesh and blood's love. Just take a look at Soul Food - The Movie.

Anyhow, I will not, because if you really love that person, you will protect them, and keep them away from people who you do not know well enough. Your close brother or sister - fine....but friends? I don't think so.

Cedric Denson