Black Spirituality Religion : Intolerance towards Intolerance

Well, since I am the only Christian who has been vocal today; I can only surmise that these "intolerance bomb-droppin' Christians" must mean... ME. lol

So, please elaborate to me how I have been "intolerant" and what "bombs" I have dropped.

* In my Colombo voice* "Just one more thing." (lol)

....How come you didn't "wage" this "holy war" against "intolerance" BEFORE YOU LEFT?

...Did you just have this "EPIPHANY" today?....Was it only when you saw some Christians "droppin' bombs" that your "holy war" began?

Sister,

Hopefully, this will not be personalized. I'm not trying to personalize it. However, I will admit what sparked my posting was when you posted something about Islam being a cult. I saw that as an attack against Islam. I will not allow anyone to attack Christianity without saying something either. Yes, I did respond to your post by asking if Christianity was a cult, too. You highlighted some characteristics of a cult and I offered my thoughts on how Christianity fits the bill.

Sister, I did not wage this "holy war" before I left because I was wrapped in trying to prove others wrong. However, very seldom did I stooped to baseless attacks on others. I asked probing questions, but rarely did I attempted to disrespect the person I was debating against - whom oftimes was Bro. Clyde. My respect and desire to celebrate Christianity for what it has offered our people has grown last since. Do I agree with Christianity now? No. But I am more comfortable with your right to be whatever you wish to be than I've ever been.

This "epiphany" was not arrived at within one day. There is no sinister Blackbirdian conspiracy to wage "holy war" on any group of people based on belief. I was recently faced with some life changing issues coupled with my continued evolution into an "enjoy life by living it" philosophy. All the things I've said about you today I hope you don't take as beguiling utterances of a child of the slick "serpent in the tree", but as the honest and genuine observations of a Black man traveling and meeting folks in cbyerspace.

The first step to Black folks accomplishing anything is TRUST. We must trust each other beyond guarded alliances.

Sister,

Hopefully, this will not be personalized. I'm not trying to personalize it. However, I will admit what sparked my posting was when you posted something about Islam being a cult. I saw that as an attack against Islam. I will not allow anyone to attack Christianity without saying something either. Yes, I did respond to your post by asking if Christianity was a cult, too. You highlighted some characteristics of a cult and I offered my thoughts on how Christianity fits the bill.

Sister, I did not wage this "holy war" before I left because I was wrapped in trying to prove others wrong. However, very seldom did I stooped to baseless attacks on others. I asked probing questions, but rarely did I attempted to disrespect the person I was debating against - whom oftimes was Bro. Clyde. My respect and desire to celebrate Christianity for what it has offered our people has grown last since. Do I agree with Christianity now? No. But I am more comfortable with your right to be whatever you wish to be than I've ever been.

This "epiphany" was not arrived at within one day. There is no sinister Blackbirdian conspiracy to wage "holy war" on any group of people based on belief. I was recently faced with some life changing issues coupled with my continued evolution into an "enjoy life by living it" philosophy. All the things I've said about you today I hope you don't take as beguiling utterances of a child of the slick "serpent in the tree", but as the honest and genuine observations of a Black man traveling and meeting folks in cbyerspace.

The first step to Black folks accomplishing anything is TRUST. We must trust each other beyond guarded alliances.

How interesting that you perceived my posts about Islam and the NOI as "attacks," in a thread about "Cults and False Religions" started by a Muslim.
How interesting that you read MY posts about Islam and the NOI on the LAST page of a 22-page long thread and perceived that as an "attack."
How interesting that only my posts stood out for you.
How interesting that a previous post of mine in that same thread on the cultic characteristics of the Catholic church, a so-called CHRISTIAN denomination, was not seen.
Would you also perceive that post as an "attack."....Or only my posts against non-Christian beliefs?
Please help me "de-personalize" your perception of my posts as attacks against Islam.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back