Black Spirituality Religion : Intolerance towards Intolerance

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    First off,

My name is Blackbird and I am a hypocrite. I am still a hypocrite. In the past, I was on Destee to wage an information war against Christianity and other Abrahamic beliefs, in addition to, what I perceived as 'Uncle Tom' sell-outs and 'whacked-out' Afrocentrist 'kooks'. I was a terrorist, dropping bombs whenever and wherever I saw fit.

Now I have a 'holy war' against intolerance.

If you made it past the above declaration... let's get to the meat of this thread.

The biggest problem facing Black people today is intolerance amongst ourselves. Everyone has to be right. We fight and nitpick, fight and nitpick. Forum members intolerance of other forum members' thoughts, ideas and beliefs. When I left Destee, it was everyone against Christians, but now I am seeing evidence of Christians dropping bombs of intolerance.

We, as a people, need to rise above the various distinctions that make us unique among ourselves and work, however we may see it, towards creating a better place for our people.

Let us be contributors and not bickers. The only right way for me is to do your part to make human society a better endeavor at all costs and opportunities.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Yes Brother Blackbird ... it's been this way all the years ... folk don't believe me.

You'll hear folk saying ... this community protects this one, or that one ... depending on the rain.

There have been ebbs and flows ... one will be the predator today ... and the prey tomorrow.

They will complain about being attacked ... then attack others in the same like manner.

It's been a challenge to have all paths welcome and represented here, but i'm built for it ... :)

Yep ... you're right ... we need to be able to let each other live ... make their own choices ... without harassment ... but it's very difficult for us to do (based on what i've seen). I think it's indicative of how unhappy (or unsure) they are with their own lives and choices, determined not to let anyone else be happy with theirs.

Wouldn't happiness, certainty in one's own life choices, manifest a more pleasant aura?

Maybe this is the start of a new day ... and i thank you for leading the way!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thank you Sister for your words of wisdom. Life is too short and we all love Black people I believe. So let start loving without conditions. But first we must love ourselves.

4. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, since I am the only Christian who has been vocal today; I can only surmise that these "intolerance bomb-droppin' Christians" must mean... ME. lol

So, please elaborate to me how I have been "intolerant" and what "bombs" I have dropped.

* In my Colombo voice* "Just one more thing." (lol)

....How come you didn't "wage" this "holy war" against "intolerance" BEFORE YOU LEFT?

...Did you just have this "EPIPHANY" today?....Was it only when you saw some Christians "droppin' bombs" that your "holy war" began?

6. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Welcome back to reality!

7. Sonny Liston

Sonny Liston Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Could one contend that being intolerant of racists/bigots is intolerance or intolerance?

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Sister,

Hopefully, this will not be personalized. I'm not trying to personalize it. However, I will admit what sparked my posting was when you posted something about Islam being a cult. I saw that as an attack against Islam. I will not allow anyone to attack Christianity without saying something either. Yes, I did respond to your post by asking if Christianity was a cult, too. You highlighted some characteristics of a cult and I offered my thoughts on how Christianity fits the bill.

Sister, I did not wage this "holy war" before I left because I was wrapped in trying to prove others wrong. However, very seldom did I stooped to baseless attacks on others. I asked probing questions, but rarely did I attempted to disrespect the person I was debating against - whom oftimes was Bro. Clyde. My respect and desire to celebrate Christianity for what it has offered our people has grown last since. Do I agree with Christianity now? No. But I am more comfortable with your right to be whatever you wish to be than I've ever been.

This "epiphany" was not arrived at within one day. There is no sinister Blackbirdian conspiracy to wage "holy war" on any group of people based on belief. I was recently faced with some life changing issues coupled with my continued evolution into an "enjoy life by living it" philosophy. All the things I've said about you today I hope you don't take as beguiling utterances of a child of the slick "serpent in the tree", but as the honest and genuine observations of a Black man traveling and meeting folks in cbyerspace.

The first step to Black folks accomplishing anything is TRUST. We must trust each other beyond guarded alliances.

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Absolutely... That's why I remain a hypocrite.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    How interesting that you perceived my posts about Islam and the NOI as "attacks," in a thread about "Cults and False Religions" started by a Muslim.
    How interesting that you read MY posts about Islam and the NOI on the LAST page of a 22-page long thread and perceived that as an "attack."
    How interesting that only my posts stood out for you.
    How interesting that a previous post of mine in that same thread on the cultic characteristics of the Catholic church, a so-called CHRISTIAN denomination, was not seen.
    Would you also perceive that post as an "attack."....Or only my posts against non-Christian beliefs?
    Please help me "de-personalize" your perception of my posts as attacks against Islam.