Black Spirituality Religion : Intolerance towards Intolerance

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
First off,

My name is Blackbird and I am a hypocrite. I am still a hypocrite. In the past, I was on Destee to wage an information war against Christianity and other Abrahamic beliefs, in addition to, what I perceived as 'Uncle Tom' sell-outs and 'whacked-out' Afrocentrist 'kooks'. I was a terrorist, dropping bombs whenever and wherever I saw fit.

Now I have a 'holy war' against intolerance.

If you made it past the above declaration... let's get to the meat of this thread.

The biggest problem facing Black people today is intolerance amongst ourselves. Everyone has to be right. We fight and nitpick, fight and nitpick. Forum members intolerance of other forum members' thoughts, ideas and beliefs. When I left Destee, it was everyone against Christians, but now I am seeing evidence of Christians dropping bombs of intolerance.

We, as a people, need to rise above the various distinctions that make us unique among ourselves and work, however we may see it, towards creating a better place for our people.

Let us be contributors and not bickers. The only right way for me is to do your part to make human society a better endeavor at all costs and opportunities.

Yes Brother Blackbird ... it's been this way all the years ... folk don't believe me.

You'll hear folk saying ... this community protects this one, or that one ... depending on the rain.

There have been ebbs and flows ... one will be the predator today ... and the prey tomorrow.

They will complain about being attacked ... then attack others in the same like manner.

It's been a challenge to have all paths welcome and represented here, but i'm built for it ... :)

Yep ... you're right ... we need to be able to let each other live ... make their own choices ... without harassment ... but it's very difficult for us to do (based on what i've seen). I think it's indicative of how unhappy (or unsure) they are with their own lives and choices, determined not to let anyone else be happy with theirs.

Wouldn't happiness, certainty in one's own life choices, manifest a more pleasant aura?

Maybe this is the start of a new day ... and i thank you for leading the way!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Yes Brother Blackbird ... it's been this way all the years ... folk don't believe me.

You'll hear folk saying ... this community protects this one, or that one ... depending on the rain.

There have been ebbs and flows ... one will be the predator today ... and the prey tomorrow.

They will complain about being attacked ... then attack others in the same like manner.

It's been a challenge to have all paths welcome and represented here, but i'm built for it ... :)

Yep ... you're right ... we need to be able to let each other live ... make their own choices ... without harassment ... but it's very difficult for us to do (based on what i've seen). I think it's indicative of how unhappy (or unsure) they are with their own lives and choices, determined not to let anyone else be happy with theirs.

Wouldn't happiness, certainty in one's own life choices, manifest a more pleasant aura?

Maybe this is the start of a new day ... and i thank you for leading the way!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Thank you Sister for your words of wisdom. Life is too short and we all love Black people I believe. So let start loving without conditions. But first we must love ourselves.

First off,

My name is Blackbird and I am a hypocrite. I am still a hypocrite. In the past, I was on Destee to wage an information war against Christianity and other Abrahamic beliefs, in addition to, what I perceived as 'Uncle Tom' sell-outs and 'whacked-out' Afrocentrist 'kooks'. I was a terrorist, dropping bombs whenever and wherever I saw fit.

If you made it past the above declaration... let's get to the meat of this thread.

The biggest problem facing Black people today is intolerance amongst ourselves. Everyone has to be right. We fight and nitpick, fight and nitpick. Forum members intolerance of other forum members' thoughts, ideas and beliefs. When I left Destee, it was everyone against Christians, but now I am seeing evidence of Christians dropping bombs of intolerance.

We, as a people, need to rise above the various distinctions that make us unique among ourselves and work, however we may see it, towards creating a better place for our people.

I too have come full circle to the same destination. I want to blame it on now knowing any better. I guess the anger of not knowing the true orgin of re ligion as it relates to this planet angered me along with the other feelings i harbor being the decedant of slaves etc. I have changed my approach and grown if u will. We have fallen into the same traps as the major re ligions allowing different paths to the same destination to distract us from the fact that we are one.

Hetep

Let us be contributors and not bickers. The only right way for me is to do your part to make human society a better endeavor at all costs and opportunities.

First off,

Well, since I am the only Christian who has been vocal today; I can only surmise that these "intolerance bomb-droppin' Christians" must mean... ME. lol

So, please elaborate to me how I have been "intolerant" and what "bombs" I have dropped.

* In my Colombo voice* "Just one more thing." (lol)

....How come you didn't "wage" this "holy war" against "intolerance" BEFORE YOU LEFT?

...Did you just have this "EPIPHANY" today?....Was it only when you saw some Christians "droppin' bombs" that your "holy war" began?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back