Black Short Stories : Into the Full Soul

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by soulful2006, Aug 12, 2005.

1. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I think that I am ready now to share my true story in the hopes that someone will see what I've been through and understand.

I guess I can start from the beginning ever since I can remember I have always been too smart for my age. I was always one step ahead of my peers and sometimes adults. To most people this would be a good thing but to my family it was a disrespectful be smart. They then and sometimes still now believed that if you let it be known that you were intelligent it was a sign of disrespect for your elders. Needless to say I didn't and still don't agree with that,because of that I can remember being abused sometimes becausse of that. I was bold and I didn't know what to do with it. So from the time I was 4 to about the age of 11 when ever I tried to let my uniqueness show someone always beat me down. I could read at the age of three and I understood more than the average little kid and that was wrong as far as my family was concerned.
    When I was nine years old I started going to see my father everyday and it was fine until one day I made a mistake and he threw me against a wall and held me there because I made a mistake in wanting his attention. I hated him everyday after that for what he did. I told my mother a while after it happened and she was indifferent to the situation.
    For the longest time I always felt like something was wrong with me because I was different. I knew everybody else wasn't like me but I didn't know whether that was good or bad. I wanted to know if it was ok to be who I was and not have to feel bad about it. I struggled with this everyday of my life until I was eleven years old. That's when iIfound out that there was a place for me in this world.
    One day after school I met a man who wrote poetry. He let me read and listen to some of his work. I was in love with the whole concept of saying exactly what you felt and writing it down for others to see. I told him that I wanted to write but I would never be as good as he was. He told me that if I opened my mind to the notion that I could do anything then I would be able to do just that. That very day I went home and began to write, I wrote about my life the things that hurt me the things I loved and whatever came to mind. I hid the poetry in my house to keep my family from reading it. I thought I had found the answer until one day it dawned on me that I can't expect people to understand me if they don't know anything about me.
    I decided that I would find a way to share with the world who I am and what I'm about. I did what any teenager who wants answers would do I hopped on the internet and searched for places to put my poetry. Low and behold I came across a site that was all about giving love to people and sharing and expressing the uniqueness of the individual. I started writing my poetry on this site not knowing what would come of it. When I looked at my work again much to my surprise people liked it and understood where I was coming from. I could talk about how I 've seen things in my 17 years that no one should see, how my life has changed and how I'm still growing and somebody would get it.
    I find a sweet relief in knowing that there is something more meant for my life and that nothing is wrong with me. I still lapse back into my old way of thinking from time to time but I always know that I can help myself out of the situation and if I can't do it alone I always have someone who will help me.
    So now when people ask how I got through the toughest times in my life I tell them poetry, destee and love and support from people who understand. If they still don't understand I just say, " I found a way to blossom into the full soul that is Alicia otherwise known as soulful2006." I wish everyone here the best I their lives and thank everyione pieces of themselves with me and helping me to see that being the person you're meant to be is sthe most thing in the world. :luvu:

2. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    wow. amazing *CLAP*

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    some far advance then others yet it's a blessing
    this live story tells what da mind knowz and can be
    well done and felt inside what one is ment to be is
    and that you are ......

4. soulful2006

Ratings:
    +18
    Thank you both I used to think that once I told my real story it would come off as something that was wierd I see now that i'm alright and that means more to me than anyone could know.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    true indeed it's alwayz better to express the reality of self
    then hold back from fear of what one may say or feel util it comes out
    we see it's not so wierd but understood

6. soulful2006

Ratings:
    +18
    Thank you for the understanding I'm just glad that my soul is now full. I guess to truly feel like one is whole is all one desires to have in this world I feel like I'm complete for once in my life.

7. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    You expressed your experiences so well Alicia. You know, I think that everyone that loves and writes poetry are actually unique somehow. The uniqueness helps us to write, but makes us feel apart from this world. I learned to embrace my uniqueness, and simply not fight it. And I've told my children(well, actually, one is a teenager, and the other just turned 21) the same. They will find their own way as I did, but I feel it helps when your parents know what it is to feel different. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

8. soulful2006

Ratings:
    +18
    You are most welcome I just want to help open some eyes to the differences that we all have that's all. They are all as unique and wonderfulas the clors of the rainbow and I think we all should get the oppurtunity to shine on because its in us to.