Black Relationships : Intimacy

Nisa said:
Hotep Brothers and Sisters
How are you intimate with your significant other without having sexual contact? Do you think intimacy is a lost art? Do you think people think that the only way to be intimate is through sexual contact?
i think sex is overrated in that regard.
sex may be one form of intimacy but it is not even the most important.

these forums are full of laments from people who have plenty of sex and even marriage with people and find they don't know that person very well.
for me it's all about knowing and liking what you know.

it's about communicating and sharing.

being able to talk and be heard and understood.
i've had sex with people who i never talked with and talked with people who i never had sex with.

the intimate thing is to hear and be heard.

Nisa said:
Hotep Brothers and Sisters
How are you intimate with your significant other without having sexual contact? Do you think intimacy is a lost art? Do you think people think that the only way to be intimate is through sexual contact?

Intimate,
mann.. i uesd to think that only meant sex... till i met a man that showed me that.. simple acts like, bathing eachother, and washing eachothers hair in the shower.. lotioning eachothers body, or... him oiling my scalp.. has become some of the most intimate moments outside of the normal cuddling, and hugging..kissing..and sexual moments. I dont think its a lost art, i jsut think there needs to be more of it... we recently started trying tantra.. which is beyond my wildest.. in intimacy... it forces you to connect and surrender. I think when people say intimate.. nowadays they are refering to sex.. i guess, we are coming to a point where the only intimate moments are acheived thru sex.. luckly there will still be women like you and I Nisa to preserve it.. :grouphug:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back