Destee's Thoughts Interviewing Our Elders

I regret not being able to be here for these occasions and interviews. Everyday I look for elders on the bus or on the streets as I'm moving around or going to work so that I can speak with them. There are things about our elders...aka Ancestors that must never be forgotten and always respected.

1. Many of them were not able to do what we do, to know what we know or to have the opportunities that a lot of us take for granted.

2. Regardless of that, all of them in their heart lived with the hope that their children, grandchildren or great grandchildren, would know more than they knew, do more than they did and have more than they had.

3. They, like us today, were victims of white supremacy and very often more overt or physical....not to forget the mental and emotional also....and yet they did the best they could based upon and despite their conditioning, their struggles and their lack to do any better. In fact, they must be praised for doing a more SUPERIOR job with less than many do today with the MORE that they have at their disposal.

4. More than anything, they remember when our people WERE REALLY OUR PEOPLE...a time of integrity, brotherly and sisterly love....when we respected our parents and elders and each other...a time when we really knew who our enemy was and were not consciously trying to be like them. A time when we still had values and dignity within ourselves and our communities....a time when we loved ourselves and those who looked like us.

5. They are the reason we are are here and it is their backs and shoulders that we stand upon...for within them lies a SPIRIT and essence of who we are that many of us have lost or know nothing about...a spirit that we are now fighting to recover and instill within our children to stop and prevent the mental and physical death that now plagues them and us as a people.

Destee...this was brilliant of you!!!

Keita said:
I regret not being able to be here for these occasions and interviews. Everyday I look for elders on the bus or on the streets as I'm moving around or going to work so that I can speak with them. There are things about our elders...aka Ancestors that must never be forgotten and always respected.

1. Many of them were not able to do what we do, to know what we know or to have the opportunities that a lot of us take for granted.

2. Regardless of that, all of them in their heart lived with the hope that their children, grandchildren or great grandchildren, would know more than they knew, do more than they did and have more than they had.

3. They, like us today, were victims of white supremacy and very often more overt or physical....not to forget the mental and emotional also....and yet they did the best they could based upon and despite their conditioning, their struggles and their lack to do any better. In fact, they must be praised for doing a more SUPERIOR job with less than many do today with the MORE that they have at their disposal.

4. More than anything, they remember when our people WERE REALLY OUR PEOPLE...a time of integrity, brotherly and sisterly love....when we respected our parents and elders and each other...a time when we really knew who our enemy was and were not consciously trying to be like them. A time when we still had values and dignity within ourselves and our communities....a time when we loved ourselves and those who looked like us.

5. They are the reason we are are here and it is their backs and shoulders that we stand upon...for within them lies a SPIRIT and essence of who we are that many of us have lost or know nothing about...a spirit that we are now fighting to recover and instill within our children to stop and prevent the mental and physical death that now plagues them and us as a people.

Destee...this was brilliant of you!!!

Brother Keita ... this is beautiful ... Thank You! ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

BRAND NEW ELDER INTERVIEW ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: ... SUNDAY @ 8 pm ET !!!! ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. will be our Elder Interview-eeeee ... :D ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

We have had the pleasure of Mr. Fuller joining us on several different occasions, but this time, it will be different. In the past, he's spoke primarily on racism / white supremacy, how we can overcome it, his book, etc.

Well ... this time ... drum roll please ... :drums: ... he'll be telling us about his life, how things were when he grew up, etc !!!! :D

I know you don't want to miss this ... so don't be late !!!

Mr. Fuller ... New Elder Interview ... Sunday @ 8 pm ET! ... www.destee.com/chat ... :love:

See you there!

Oh ... by the way ... Mr. Fuller is 76 years old, if no mistake.

Destee

Destee said:
BRAND NEW ELDER INTERVIEW ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: ... SUNDAY @ 8 pm ET !!!! ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. will be our Elder Interview-eeeee ... :D ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

We have had the pleasure of Mr. Fuller joining us on several different occasions, but this time, it will be different. In the past, he's spoke primarily on racism / white supremacy, how we can overcome it, his book, etc.

Well ... this time ... drum roll please ... :drums: ... he'll be telling us about his life, how things were when he grew up, etc !!!! :D

I know you don't want to miss this ... so don't be late !!!

Mr. Fuller ... New Elder Interview ... Sunday @ 8 pm ET! ... www.destee.com/chat ... :love:

See you there!

Oh ... by the way ... Mr. Fuller is 76 years old, if no mistake.

Destee
I will surely be there. I came here just in time.:bowdown:Destee, you are the bomb!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back