Black Spirituality Religion : Interreligious Dialogue in Black Africa Among Christianity, Islam and ATR's

Omowale

Did you know that according to the Koran man was put on Earth as a Khalif or "successor" to another group of beings who lived on this planet before us?

Apparently these beings were created to serve God like us but instead rebelled and begin fighting and causing bloodshed and had to be taken off their post.

The same is said of the Anunakki.

Actually they were forced to abandon the worship of their Ancestral Spirits in favor of adopting Maoist philosophy along with the Marxist-Leninist Communist Manifesto.
True....

This is undeniable that the revolution FORCED the masses to rise up out of generational traditionalism, superstition, and in many cases crude "ignorance".

So now the question is, has this made the Chinese more successful as a people or are they in worst shape after denying these ancient traditions?

Are Africans who have been more successful in holding on to these "traditions" more successful than those who abandoned them?

Dual Karnayn said:
Omowale

Did you know that according to the Koran man was put on Earth as a Khalif or "successor" to another group of beings who lived on this planet before us?

Apparently these beings were created to serve God like us but instead rebelled and begin fighting and causing bloodshed and had to be taken off their post.

The same is said of the Anunakki.

True....

This is undeniable that the revolution FORCED the masses to rise up out of generational traditionalism, superstition, and in many cases crude "ignorance".

So now the question is, has this made the Chinese more successful as a people or are they in worst shape after denying these ancient traditions?

Are Africans who have been more successful in holding on to these "traditions" more successful than those who abandoned them?

brother, I know the Quran speaks of "jinn" and outsiders can view this belief as a form of crude ignorance and superstition as well.

As far as the Chinese is concerned, if they are more "successful" I believe that it is due more to Chinese NATIONALISM which has united a people previously divided along various religious sects. I can say the same of the people of India as well even though a bloody civil war was ensued which led to the formations of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I will say the same for Africans in countries such as South Africa and Ghana. African Nationalism has been a major unifying force, across religious/spiritual lines.

Considering situations such as the condition of Black people in Mauritania and the Sudan, I can not conclude that the Black people in these countries are better off or more successful than they were when these societies were known as Nubia, Khemet or Songhai, when the centers of learning were at Timbuktu and "Alexandria".

Dual Karnayn said:
Omowale

Oh most definately.

I thought I DID say "similar" until I re-read my post and found my error. But ofcourse it wasn't the exact same beliefs but they were quite similar.
So I take the hit on that one.

I'm having second thoughts on who actually built the pyramids.

I used to believe in many of the teachings of Elijah Muhammad and he as well as many other people have suggested that we as human beings built those pyramids with some lost technology or hydralics but the more I study history as well as ancient mythology the more I'm believing that they weren't built by humans at all.

Ofcourse there are records of beings who look like us (or we look like them) who built those pyramids, that had super human strenght and very long lives.
I have reason to believe that the first founders of Kemetic civilization are deities we know now as "gods".

The Native America tribes say that the pyramids and the great cities that they occupied in Central and South America were already built when they arrived.

They also say they were "brought over" by the gods.

Yes the more things change the more they stay the same.

It all boils right down to family and roots.

Spicy

Infact most Chinese I've come across believe in God.
I'm not exactly sure how it works but for some reason they can't even admit to believing in God through out most of China let alone a specific religion for fear of persecution.

But one thing the Chinese have learned to do was separate logic/science from religion/mythology.

That's what separated them from us.

The revolution of the 1940 forced them to severe the ties of much of the supertition and caustic traditions that have retarded our development for centuries.

They learned to think OUTSIDE the box.

Sekhemu

Polytheistic simply means the belief in honoring more than one god.

Do not those who practice ATRs believe in and honor more than one god?

No they do not. There is only one God in ATRs. Orishas do not mean Gods in the Western sense of the word.

Let us stay on topic. If you want to discuss Jinns, and the Annunaki,Dual.... please address it in another thread, they are not germaine to the topic of this discussion and were not mentioned in the article.

Omowale

brother, I know the Quran speaks of "jinn" and outsiders can view this belief as a form of crude ignorance and superstition as well.
Sure they can, especially when the only knowledge they have of the Jinn is that Hollywood had given them concernin Aladdin and his lamp.

As far as the Chinese is concerned, if they are more "successful" I believe that it is due more to Chinese NATIONALISM which has united a people previously divided along various religious sects. I can say the same of the people of India as well even though a bloody civil war was ensued which led to the formations of Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Well China is a more homogenous society than India, the African continent or even the West.
Nearly 90% of the people belong to the Hans tribe so there is little intra-national conflict over race.
Then take religion out of the equation and thier is little for them to fight amongs themselves over.

India and Pakistan are a different story.
They still have racial and religious problems that cut deep into the heart of society and that's why they still maintain much of thier "third world" characteristics such as poverty and tribal in-fighting.

I don't know bro...

I think nationalism among us will be much harder because of the indentity problems so many of us suffere from.

I will say the same for Africans in countries such as South Africa and Ghana. African Nationalism has been a major unifying force, across religious/spiritual lines.
The problem with "African Nationalism" is....what exactly is it?

That goes back to my last point about identity problems.

The only thing we actually have in common with eachother is that we're BLACK. But as far as religion, culture, background and even identity goes we are so at odds with eachother it will take a tremendous force to bring the majority of our people to the table of agreement on even the basic of issues.

Many if not even MOST of our people don't consider themselves of the Black/African race.

Thats the first problem with have to deal with.

Sekhemu

No they do not. There is only one God in ATRs. Orishas do not mean Gods in the Western sense of the word.

Let us stay on topic. If you want to discuss Jinns, and the Annunaki,Dual.... please address it in another thread, they are not germaine to the topic of this discussion and were not mentioned in the article.
Now you're doing what you accused me of in the other thread.

Changing the subject and playing games of semantics.

You say there is only "one God" in the ATRs and Orishas don not mean "Gods" in the Western sense of the word.

Well GOD is not a Traditoinal Africa word either and it can either be used to designate the Supreme Being, demons, angels or other supernatural beings.
In one part of the Bible dead spirits were refered do as "gods".

Polytheist means the honor/worship of more than one "god/deity".

Doesn't have to be god with a CAPITAL "g"....as long as you are paying tribute and honoring more than one then you are a polytheist.

Perhaps you disagree with that word like some may disagree with the word "tribe" because of historical connotations...but the usage of the term is accurate regardless.

As far as me changing the subject...

I asked you to stay on topic in the other thread I started by not blaming the religoins themselves for the destructive and immoral behavior of the people who claim them.

Instead you constantly took it to a rant about how the whites and Arabs have historically mistreated us...even when I denied none of those facts.
It seems that you just wanted to vent.

I'm not gonna do the same on this thread, I was just asking the brutha a question during a down time.

Dual Karnayn said:
Omowale

Sure they can, especially when the only knowledge they have of the Jinn is that Hollywood had given them concernin Aladdin and his lamp.

Well China is a more homogenous society than India, the African continent or even the West.
Nearly 90% of the people belong to the Hans tribe so there is little intra-national conflict over race.
Then take religion out of the equation and thier is little for them to fight amongs themselves over.

India and Pakistan are a different story.
They still have racial and religious problems that cut deep into the heart of society and that's why they still maintain much of thier "third world" characteristics such as poverty and tribal in-fighting.

I don't know bro...

I think nationalism among us will be much harder because of the indentity problems so many of us suffere from.

The problem with "African Nationalism" is....what exactly is it?

That goes back to my last point about identity problems.

The only thing we actually have in common with eachother is that we're BLACK. But as far as religion, culture, background and even identity goes we are so at odds with eachother it will take a tremendous force to bring the majority of our people to the table of agreement on even the basic of issues.

Many if not even MOST of our people don't consider themselves of the Black/African race.

Thats the first problem with have to deal with.

Sekhemu

Now you're doing what you accused me of in the other thread.

Changing the subject and playing games of semantics.

You say there is only "one God" in the ATRs and Orishas don not mean "Gods" in the Western sense of the word.

Well GOD is not a Traditoinal Africa word either and it can either be used to designate the Supreme Being, demons, angels or other supernatural beings.
In one part of the Bible dead spirits were refered do as "gods".

Polytheist means the honor/worship of more than one "god/deity".

Doesn't have to be god with a CAPITAL "g"....as long as you are paying tribute and honoring more than one then you are a polytheist.

Perhaps you disagree with that word like some may disagree with the word "tribe" because of historical connotations...but the usage of the term is accurate regardless.

I asked you to stay on topic in the other thread I started by not blaming the religoins themselves for the destructive and immoral behavior of the people who claim them.

Instead you constantly took it to a rant about how the whites and Arabs have historically mistreated us...even when I denied none of those facts.
It seems that you just wanted to vent.

I'm not gonna do the same on this thread, I was just asking the brutha a question during a down time.

Now you're doing what you accused me of in the other thread

Bhanging the subject and playing games of semantics
Correct this is exactly what you are doing here. The annunaki and jinns are not related to the subject of this thread in any way shape or form. I brought arabs and slavery because it is impossible to seperate them as it relates to religion in Africa, this is exactly what River called you to task for. If you recall I told you that we should refrain from discussing religion in that thread.

You say there is only "one God" in the ATRs and Orishas do not mean "Gods" in the western sense of the word
Correct, and not only do I say it, it's clearly stated in part two of this dialogue, maybe you never read it.

Well GOD is not a Traditional Africa word either
Precisely, and one of the oldest African words for God is Neter or Nebertcher.
and it can either be used to designate the Supreme Being, demons, angels or other supreme beings. In one part of the Bible dead spirits do as 'gods"
Really? that's nice to know, but I don't place much stock in foreign doctrines, including the bible.

Polytheist means the honor/worship of more than one "god/deity"

Doesn't have to be a god with a CAPITAL "g".... as long as you are paying tribute and honoring more than one then you are a polytheist
Is that right, says who. Muslims and Christians, or the actual practitioners of ATRs? Spare us the proselytizing.

Perhaps you disagree with that word like so many disagree with the word "tribe" because of historical connotations
historical connotations like the appropiation of language and the colonization information and land.

I asked you to stay on topic in the thread I started by not blaming religions themselves for the destructive and immoral behavior of the people who claim them

Instead you constantly took it to rant about how the whites and Arabs have historically mistreated us... even when I denied none of these facts
Ranting or telling you about the actions of your fellow so-called Muslims who have launched more than a few Jihads in the name of Islam against the African.

Frankly you should have taken your own advice, because it was you, by talking about hearing numerous unsubstantiated reports about domestic violence in different parts of Nigeria, or telling me I need to take my prescription. That was personal insult, and you're lucky the moderators didn't give you a warning.
It seems you just wanted to vent.
Nope, like I said before, setting the record straight.

I'm not gonna do the same on this thread, I was just asking the brutha a question during down time
Understandable, but why ask it here, after all you have a thread addressing the annunaki already.

With that said, maybe we can return to the topic at hand.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back