Black Relationships : Interracial Dating Threads

There are many, many threads on this site that I NEVER EVEN look at, much less click on. I have no interest in them. If there are negative vibes there, I would never no it. Would you mind telling me why you would go running up into a conversation that you know is going to produce negative vibes for you? Yes, this is a Black site but contrary to popular belief, all Black people don't think alike or have the same opinion on stuff.

to see brothers professing their love for white people makes me depressed.
i suppose i will not be back on the thread. you got it.

Even if "many" Bi-racial children were killed back in the day, it's obvious that "many" weren't. Grab 100 random Black Americans and 100 random Black Africans, shuffle them together and I would bet you that you could correctly place them into their proper category of American or African. We don't look like our African brothers and sisters because we are mixed.

I was surprised by the member's denial myself. I did a little digging and found this article titled "Exact How 'Black' is Black America?" Distinguished Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates reported...

* According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.
* According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.
* According to Family Tree DNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.
* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.
* According to AfricanDNA, in which I am a partner with Family Tree DNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.html

There's just no denying that "them" and "us" are family. In fact, we're all family, so what's the big deal if some of us fall in love?

KM

It has been a journey and for all mothers sometimes we need to listen to us within and not another man or woman flaws. Just over the past days and weeks seeing the outside of the world versus all the man-made stuff just made me realize how much we have to stand up and back the Kings 100 percent now. It is either now never. Some Kings are so deep you have to sit there and listen, then listen again and rewind to listen to them again. Malcolm X makes you listen then listen and then listen again. Brother Shayheh is very honest and vulnerable...yet he is really deep for being such an age he is at; Brother Coger too and many others on this site though outside here in GA it is tremendous heroes and heroines who never get heard. Oppression and depression. And see what I realize is that everyone is great in his or her own way, in order for us to get a clear picture of freedom and peace. Moving on to the next post....:thinking:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back