destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Just hit me. Why I left, but especially why I bothered to come back. :10500:

I'm on a site with another Destee poster. That person wrote the most scandalous lies about Dr. King. Said he was a communist, a fake black leader and a "front" for white people. He AND Rosa Parks.... as well as Dr. Clarke and a host of others they labeled dupes of the commies. Knowing they posted on this forum, as well, I returned to put them on blast here.... AS WELL. Fortunately, they didn't and I posted my "relief."

Sister ... please don't bring other site drama here ... gosh ... i'm glad it all worked out like it did.

At that time, Destee asked where I'd been and why I'd left. I replied that I didn't feel welcome here.

I didn't ask where you'd been or why you left ... i simply welcomed you back ... via a profile post.

If there is some other exchange you're speaking of, please show us.

With this much ado about nothing "warning" and the promise of petty future discrimination, seems that my instincts were on target. And, considering that in my absence, I didn't miss the quality of the conversation, as well as having made up my mind a long time ago that I would take nothing off blacks that I wouldn't take off whites, well, back to calling a fool a fool, a clown a clown and a spade a spade. And, since I've NEVER called anyone a name nor broken any rule of this board.... and everyone knows it.... keeping the pearls around my neck. So,

Bye, y'all. :wave: :)

Sister ... you've broken the rules many times ... how you can say, you NEVER have, is beyond me.

Below are links to most of the warnings you've received for breaking our rules.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/ask-a-white-guy-anything.76744/page-20#post-816097

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/ask-a-white-guy-anything.76744/page-20#post-816098

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/zimmerman-got-acquitted-no-surprise.77007/page-35#post-817522

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/zimmerman-got-acquitted-no-surprise.77007/page-38#post-817648

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/dominican-republic-revokes-citizenship-from-thousands-of-migrants-their-children.78019/page-5#post-837439

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/polygamy-alive-and-well.30506/page-13#post-838153

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/christmas-do-you-celebrate-it.28887/page-4#post-851686

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/interracial-dating-threads.31997/page-32#post-853492

I do wish you well, wherever you choose to be.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Ken Taylor

Aug 27, 2013
the intrusion of white vibes on a black site is a negative to me.
There are many, many threads on this site that I NEVER EVEN look at, much less click on. I have no interest in them. If there are negative vibes there, I would never no it. Would you mind telling me why you would go running up into a conversation that you know is going to produce negative vibes for you? Yes, this is a Black site but contrary to popular belief, all Black people don't think alike or have the same opinion on stuff.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
There are many, many threads on this site that I NEVER EVEN look at, much less click on. I have no interest in them. If there are negative vibes there, I would never no it. Would you mind telling me why you would go running up into a conversation that you know is going to produce negative vibes for you? Yes, this is a Black site but contrary to popular belief, all Black people don't think alike or have the same opinion on stuff.
to see brothers professing their love for white people makes me depressed.
i suppose i will not be back on the thread. you got it.

KMeister

Dec 27, 2013
Even if "many" Bi-racial children were killed back in the day, it's obvious that "many" weren't. Grab 100 random Black Americans and 100 random Black Africans, shuffle them together and I would bet you that you could correctly place them into their proper category of American or African. We don't look like our African brothers and sisters because we are mixed.

I was surprised by the member's denial myself. I did a little digging and found this article titled "Exact How 'Black' is Black America?" Distinguished Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates reported...

* According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.
* According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.
* According to Family Tree DNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.
* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.
* According to AfricanDNA, in which I am a partner with Family Tree DNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.html

There's just no denying that "them" and "us" are family. In fact, we're all family, so what's the big deal if some of us fall in love?

KM

Ken Taylor

Aug 27, 2013
to see brothers professing their love for white people makes me depressed.
i suppose i will not be back on the thread. you got it.
It is absolutely amazing that someone as conscientious as you would become depressed over what other people say or do.

BastetFektet

Dec 20, 2013
It has been a journey and for all mothers sometimes we need to listen to us within and not another man or woman flaws. Just over the past days and weeks seeing the outside of the world versus all the man-made stuff just made me realize how much we have to stand up and back the Kings 100 percent now. It is either now never. Some Kings are so deep you have to sit there and listen, then listen again and rewind to listen to them again. Malcolm X makes you listen then listen and then listen again. Brother Shayheh is very honest and vulnerable...yet he is really deep for being such an age he is at; Brother Coger too and many others on this site though outside here in GA it is tremendous heroes and heroines who never get heard. Oppression and depression. And see what I realize is that everyone is great in his or her own way, in order for us to get a clear picture of freedom and peace. Moving on to the next post....:thinking:

_NortheastGroover_

May 22, 2014
Wow, I've enjoyed reading this thread. Especially kadijah lol, I've skipping posts just to read her replies. Sis b setting it straight lol.

But I hate to see our great Ancestor's name used to justify interracial dating/marriage. I'm talking about Malcolm. And I love my ancestor I really do, but lets set a couple things straight, 1st, regardless of whatever change in attitude he had he was still problack. 2nd, he still thought caucasians were devils, and he believed the difference in attitude with the whites he met were because of Islam, which he said if the white man can study Islam it may change his personality. 3rd, Malcolm was naive and didnt know better, he had just broken apart from the nation of islam and was just discovering orthodox islam during his tour. If he was aware of the colorism in islam and the treatment darker skin muslims are subjected to in these arab countries he would have thought differently.

So with that being said it makes nauseous seeing people use our black prince's name to justify their own selfish desires. Saying, "look even malcolm said white people weren't bad", which goes to show these people dont know anything about Malcolm.

Last edited:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: