Black Relationships : Interracial Dating - Black/Latino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister TainaMacu ... where do you see the resentment? I mean, is it on the side of the Latina or the Black folk?

I don't personally have any experience with this resentment, but on the surface, i can imagine that it is Black men that are choosing Latina women and it is the resentment of the Black women that you are speaking about. Am i right?

I've not experienced this up close and personal. I don't know any Black men that have chosen Latina women, but as a Black woman ... it doesn't really matter who the "other" woman is ... the pain / hurt / resentment comes from the fact that far too many Black men choose other than their own.

That is a very hurting thing Sister. We give birth to Black men.

I think the resentment you may see, is a direct result of the heartache associated with having to witness this. Many of us take it quite personal, internalize it, and don't really know how to deal with it.

I don't think Sisters hate all Latinas, or White women, or any kind of woman. Our pain is probably more with the Brothers, than it is with the women. But how much can we hate him? What good will this really do us, to hate him, be angry with him ... while we continue to give birth to him? it is not an easy choice to make, who to lash out at for this ... some of us even lash out at ourselves ... buying into the idea that we are worthy of nothing, and therefore devaluing ourselves on a daily basis, by the choices we make. This resentment manifests itself in so many ways ... probaby too many to count.

Sister TainuMacu ... if i'm correct regarding your observation of the resentment ... tell me, would you have some resentment if Latina Brothers chose other women over you and yours, time and time again? If there were far too many Latina children growing up without their Latina Fathers ... if Latina women were forced to raise Families alone because of decisions made by Latina men, to be with other women ... would there be something similar to resentment in you?

Again, i don't believe Sisters hate / resent Latinas ... we are not "The Angry Black Woman" they portray us as ... i just think we've not ever had a real opportunity to come together and reason together, on how best to internalize this devastation ... how to process and manage it ... and as a result, it comes out in many different ways ... one that may appear to some, as though we resent Latinas.

Does this help you to better understand what you may be witnessing?

Another great topic Sister. Thank You.

:heart:

Destee

Somehow I missed this topic. I might be wrong, but I don't feel there is a lot of resentment directed at interracial dating between Blacks & Latinos. Certainly the resentment at such unions would pale in comparision between inter-racial dating between Blacks & Whites. There is not a history of racism & oppression between Black communites and Latino communities. In fact Blacks & Latino share many cultural similarities: as stated in other threads, many Latinos are of African origin or have African ancestory. Perhaps sister TainaMacu has witnessed patterns that I have not, but personally I do not see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back