Uganda : Internet/Telephony Access in Uganda

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
Uganda Linux deployment
"Inveneo's systems utilize open-source software (Linux, KDE, OpenOffice) for Internet access and productivity tools. The phone connections are established using SIP VoIP signaling protocol and the Asterisk open-source PBX system. Each village has it's own extension and voice mail box. The PBX system allows for free calls among the connected villages. Any phone in the world can call the stations in the villages and calls to any phone in Uganda are possible from the village stations." (Story from RootPrompt.org )

This may be a wonderful advantage for these Ugandans

This is an interesting story and thanks for sharing...I hope the people of Uganda can explore all the possibilities of this new technology, because Black folks here are still trying to get up to speed. I don't think it's about the complexity of the technology that gets us, but our inability to think out of the box. We are usually so glad to get a piece of the action, we never figure how to properly explore and exploit an idea for our own advancement. And usually others easily exploit us for their own gain, because we see ourselves as only end-users. But I’m glad the rural Ugandans are now in the communication loop.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back