Black Spirituality Religion : Internet Spiritual Leaders - Cussing Folk Out ?!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Over the years i've seen a steady increase in spiritual leaders on the Internet. Folk that say that is what they are. They may use some other name for it, soothsayer, shaman, baba, priest, priestess, god, goddess, preacher, teacher, angel, what have you ... but they are encouraging folk to call on them (donate / pay them) for resolution to their spiritual and natural life conundrums ... and they cuss'n other folk out at the same time! :eeek:

These people are very popular it seems ... while making no apologies for this behavior.

What's really going on? I don't get it.

How can you cuss folk out and expect others to take spiritual advice from you at the same time?

How does the filthiest, most vile words, and ascension into the highest spiritual realms, go together?

Is it just me ... am i behind the spiritual times ... ??

:heart:

Destee

2. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879

Greetings Sister Destee,

Great observations! Good fruit resides in the heart and is revealed outwardly. Unfortunately, many people mistake good works with good fruit, but good works comes from man and good fruit comes from the Spirit. Which in the above scenario, I'm sure these folks are doing all of the right things..but if the heart isn't right, the fruit can't be good.

Matthew 7:15-20

King James Version (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Blessings:heart:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Haaaaaaaaay Sister Proverbs31Woman ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: ... :grouphug2:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:

Thanks for coming home and sharing, blessing us with your sweet sweet Spirit! ... :angel1:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Amen and hello there. Good to feel your presence. Come back more often, you're missed.

5. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77

Well if what they are preaching is based on a lie then anything goes.

6. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    I can't judge the situation properly because I have no idea who any of you people are talking about or what was said. *laugh*
    So, I'd say, 'It depends...'
    Depends on what was done. Depends on what was said and, more importantly, whether the individual on the receiving end of the foul dressing down actually deserved it. *laugh* Yes, I'm totally serious. I'm sure that even the most devout Christian, for instance, will eventually tire of offering up 'cheeks' to be slapped.

Religious folk are like the rest of us: imperfect people ... trying their best. Just because someone is a 'believer' doesn't make them Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha/*insert your fav religious leader, real or imaginary, etc...reincarnate. It's 'perfectly human' to err every now and again.