Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Robots, as promised ... JenaBee63

What is a Web Robot?
How to Handle Robots on Your Site and Server

I was close ...

• Yesterday at 12:47 PM - Clyde C Coger Jr:
      They are like search computers, I think.
    • Yesterday at 12:47 PM - JenaBee63:
      What are robots?
Internet bot

An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyses and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. Each server can have a file called robots.txt, containing rules for the spidering of that server that the bot is supposed to obey or be removed ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot

What is a Web Robot?

A Web robot is a program that automatically and recursively traverses a Web site retrieving document content and information. The most common types of Web robots are the search engine spiders. These robots visit Web sites and follow the links to add more information to the search engine database.

Web robots often go by different names. You may hear them called:

• spiders
    • bots
    • crawlers
All these terms mean the same thing, but robot is the clearest, because it does not imply that the program is moving through the Web site on its own, but rather is programmed to move systematically through a site ...

http://webdesign.about.com/od/promotion/a/aa020705.htm

Last edited:

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal

I was close ...

What are robots?
Internet bot

An Internet bot, also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyses and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. Each server can have a file called robots.txt, containing rules for the spidering of that server that the bot is supposed to obey or be removed ...

What is a Web Robot?

A Web robot is a program that automatically and recursively traverses a Web site retrieving document content and information. The most common types of Web robots are the search engine spiders. These robots visit Web sites and follow the links to add more information to the search engine database.

• spiders
    • bots
    • crawlers
All these terms mean the same thing, but robot is the clearest, because it does not imply that the program is moving through the Web site on its own, but rather is programmed to move systematically through a site ...

Thanks so much for sharing the info.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

What is a Web Robot?

I was close ...

What are robots?
Internet bot

What is a Web Robot?

• spiders
    • bots
    • crawlers

IFE ... (IFE: IDK , I’ve always thought “robots” are those watching, reading not as member or guest.)
Kemetstry ... (Kemetstry: They are part of the Free Masons, Illuminatti, TriLateral Commission, etc)( Kemetstry: Robots are automatic monitors)
jamesfrmphilly ... (jamesfrmphilly: what is a robot and what r they doing here ?????)

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for all the information, Clyde.

Is this a good thing
A bad thing
Or just the way things are

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.