Black People : Internet Addiction - How Much Is Too Much?

It's a tool, and it offers information. You may have to know how to work the tool and decipher the info provided, but that is all it really is. I realize it is some people's escape, so yes you have those that will have an addiction to it. But think about it, who on this earth does not have an addiction to anything. And if you do not have an addiction, we need a clarification on the definition on what you perceive the term addiction to be.

And realize an addiction to something does not have to be a negative connotation. You can have healthy addictions as well, but they are in the end addictions.

What had amazed and amuzed me all of my life, as how our relations usually become experts at whatever they get their minds around, whereas this new stuff tends to confuse and dumbfound even the best among us...

So, you are indeed right, i. e., no effort/no results...

On point/on time comments....

FYI

It's a tool, and it offers information. You may have to know how to work the tool and decipher the info provided, but that is all it really is. I realize it is some people's escape, so yes you have those that will have an addiction to it. But think about it, who on this earth does not have an addiction to anything. And if you do not have an addiction, we need a clarification on the definition on what you perceive the term addiction to be.

And realize an addiction to something does not have to be a negative connotation. You can have healthy addictions as well, but they are in the end addictions.

Brother, I'm trying to understand, what's a healthy addiction?

I'm 22, so it could be my youth, but I'm not certain what you mean, so can you give an example?

I don't know if you can just outright say, "so and so amount" is too much internet, because wouldn't it depend on what you're using it for?

I guess it depends on the content involved. :10500: Give an example with your own thoughts to it?

But for me, I try to minimize, as much as possible.

I agree that it would be difficult to quantify. I think its a problem when you have a dirty house or putting of kids asking for help with homework....Or maybe when you have a leaky gutter or a room in desperate need of painting that you just don't have time to do although there is x amount of hours spent online everyday.
Another instance is when you regularly put off or avoid real human interaction in favor of cyber world. I have posted on and off a few sports gambling websites over the years and some of the guys their seem to be online 20 hours a day, and living their lives more so through their screen name rather the name their mama gave them.

I agree with most everything you are saying.

Except for healthy addictions.. I think if I googled the definition of addiction... putting healthy in front of it probably wouldn't even make sense. Even being addicted to running or working out is not healthy. Addiction...is not healthy...period.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back